Bait Boats

terry m

Reaction score
Without technological advances I suppose that we would all still be using fairy liquid bottle tops as bite indicators or the silver foil from a fag packet, and trying to cast to distance with a Mitchell 300 . . . .

The thing is Peter, that in those heady days of yore, the technology that you describe was cutting edge. BTW, you forgot to mention the trusty Heron alarm.:cool:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
This is the first time I’ve looked at this thread, still going after four pages I guessed a difference of opinion might be the reason, as often is the cast it’s the usual suspect ((suspects).:)

But aren’t bait boats so yesterday? I’d be delivering my bait by drone.

someone tried a drone on one of the club waters, not sure what happened to him whether he got away with it.

Keith M

Reaction score
But aren’t bait boats so yesterday? I’d be delivering my bait by drone.

:)

Unless you were were trying to place your feed and your bait tight under overhanging branches, then you might be better off using one of those radio controlled toy submarines; and then no one could see that you were using a bait delivery contraption. :)

Keith

Last edited:

Molehill

Reaction score
I am no fan of bait boats and would never have a place for. Yes, I am old fashioned and not a slave to technology, my old fashioned belief is that my sport should have a certain aspect of unattainable in it, to keep me interested.

If the fish are 200m away and I can't cast to them, then they are safe and I must wait. If they are tight under tree branches, they are safe and I must draw them out and so it goes on.
Fish need to feel safe somewhere, harrying them to every corner of their environment achieves nothing positive for fish or angler. Angling skills and patience lose out to modern technology.

john step

Reaction score
Seen it all now. I sometimes wonder if some of these anglers are more interesting in the toys than actually fishing.