It's cold so spread the road salt?

mikench

Reaction score
I agree ! However the climate in Canada is radically different and far colder than here in the UK! That doesn't justify the application of salt on roads worldwide but the problem and the solution doesn't rest with us. Our weather is benign when compared to most northern hemisphere countries like the USA, Canada, Russia , Japan, Korea, China, Mongolia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Greenland, Turkey, Bulgaria, Switzerland , Austria, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania and probably loads more!

We struggle and moan when we get a couple of inches of snow once in a blue moon! Most countries with severe winters insist on winter tyres for all vehicles from October through April! Our climate just doesn't justify that? My wife's Car has all season tyres which are great in snow but not as good as winter tyres! Snow chains are utterly impractical in the UK!

A world wide effort is required !

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I agree ! However the climate in Canada is radically different and far colder than here in the UK! That doesn't justify the application of salt on roads worldwide but the problem and the solution doesn't rest with us. Our weather is benign when compared to most northern hemisphere countries like the USA, Canada, Russia , Japan, Korea, China, Mongolia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Greenland, Turkey, Bulgaria, Switzerland , Austria, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania and probably loads more!

We struggle and moan when we get a couple of inches of snow once in a blue moon! Most countries with severe winters insist on winter tyres for all vehicles from October through April! Our climate just doesn't justify that? My wife's Car has all season tyres which are great in snow but not as good as winter tyres! Snow chains are utterly impractical in the UK!

A world wide effort is required !

One of my Nephews is getting married in a month or so, his future wife is Canadian. Only a couple of weeks ago she was telling me how cold it feels here compared to Canada!
She said it's horribly damp here and all her bones have started to ache already, she's only been over here for about 12 months.

mikench

Reaction score
Dry heat even in the 80c and dry cold -10c are bearable and one can learn to live with it! It's hot and humid and cold and damp which are unbearable! They are also unhealthy!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dry heat even in the 80c and dry cold -10c are bearable and one can learn to live with it! It's hot and humid and cold and damp which are unbearable! They are also unhealthy!

That's why everyones fekced in the UK :eek:mg:.

Thinking about it Mike, i've had friends over from Russia and Sweeden and they thought it was cold over hear they were shivvering and couldn't wait to get back to -30's lol.

Last edited: