Day Ticket prices

seth49

Reaction score
Suppose you get what you pay for, my other club which I have been in for five years, is a members only club, loverly location, good sized fish, and safe parking, I can leave my gear at dinner time and have a walk and know nothing will be touched, six ponds each about an acre in size, with a good variety of species.

All for £160 pounds a year, which is roughly three pounds a week, this winter my mate and me have been doing some trimming etc, and it is nice to put something back, after all the pleasure we’ve had fishing here, it is a pleasure to fish here, only joined the other club for a change, and I still have a twenty pound carp on my bucket list, which doesn’t seem to be happening yet.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve only just been informed that to stay in the syndicate and fish the estate lake will cost me a whopping 60% more this season!

Gone up to £50 per annum.........liberty takers I tell you.:)

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
The ticket prices the club are charging are to me and a few other members of the club aimed at the carp and catfish anglers who may wish to try out a few of the "premier" waters, They are not aimed at the angler who fancies a days fishing for silvers and tench. To me there could have been a pricing structure in place for specimen waters and pleasure fishing waters. The catch returns for club waters are put on the forum each month and sometimes you wonder if there are any fish in some of the waters.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve only just been informed that to stay in the syndicate and fish the estate lake will cost me a whopping 60% more this season!

Gone up to £50 per annum.........liberty takers I tell you.:)

They are liberty takers!

One of the clubs i'm a member of charge 120 notes a year and for that you get a huge map book, key and over 200 waters to go at, both still and running.
The other club is a tenner cheaper but you still get a good number of waters to fish.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
At the moment I pay 15 pounds for a small club I am in that has 3 large farm pools,which are better fishing than some waters in the larger clubs I am in, get a code for the lock which changes every year, a good website and forum, Another club is 50 pounds, again, a key, map book and a forum I am yet to go on, this club has a large stretch of the Bridgewater canal,mainly from start to finish, numerous stillwaters and rivers around the north west and midlands and welsh borders. My other club is free because of the work I do for them, again key, mapbook online and website and forum.

nottskev

Reaction score
I wonder if the club with dozens, scores or even hundreds of waters is, for whatever reasons, a bit of a North-west thing? I know when I lived there I had 2 or 3 club books which gave me access to loads of places, many far-flung and rarely visited. Certainly, you got the opportunity to get lost in mid-wales for a very modest outlay. It was always exciting when you got the new book and the maps etc, but even for anglers happy to snoop around and travel like me, many waters went unexplored.

I'd measure the value by quality rather than quantity these days, and still hope to come across clubs with one or two waters with traditional mixed fishing not too far away. It's interesting to notice how local the variation in available fishing can be. Where I am, there are lots of gravel pits - not really, for various reasons, the fishing I'm after (nothing against gravel pits - a matter of how their development, impact of predation etc has shaped the fish stocks). A smaller town half an hour away has plenty of former mill dams and lodges, and these provide a very different kind of fishery and fishing, often, coming back to the topic, very cheaply.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I wonder if the club with dozens, scores or even hundreds of waters is, for whatever reasons, a bit of a North-west thing? I know when I lived there I had 2 or 3 club books which gave me access to loads of places, many far-flung and rarely visited. Certainly, you got the opportunity to get lost in mid-wales for a very modest outlay. It was always exciting when you got the new book and the maps etc, but even for anglers happy to snoop around and travel like me, many waters went unexplored.

I don't think I've ever encountered clubs of that magnitude elsewhere. Even the likes of Birmingham AA are not that big. Leeds and Hull are arguably the biggest clubs east of the Pennines and North of the Humber. If they got together and subsumed dozens of other clubs, they'd still not be of the same magnitude as the biggest NW club. I suspect that if every club between the Tyne and Tees amalgamated, they'd not have the amount of water, nor the membership numbers of the big NW club. There simply isn't that much coarse fishing water in much of the North East.

I suspect that the proliferation of significant urban areas in a relatively tight geographical area must have something to do with the way NW clubs have developed. However, it doesn't quite explain why clubs in the West Yorkshire conurbations haven't developed on the same lines.

john step

Reaction score
Mark, My main club charges double for carpers. There is a limited number of carp places and a waiting list.

Kev, Scunthorpe Amalgamated seem to collect lots of waters.

steve2

Reaction score
When I look back at what I have paid for a days fishing over the years i.e. £50 plus for day trout fishing, £70 or more for a days wreck fishing and syndicate water prices, club fishing must be the only fishing where prices haven’t increased much.
Forty years ago one of my clubs charged £15 plus joining fee it’s now £40 a year. Forty years ago the club had over a 1000 more members so allowing for inflation it’s income as not really increased a great deal. Is it no wonder that its as had to give up waters to balance the books.
One of my other club now forced water share with other water sports because the landowner gets income from them.
Some of those ex waters are now carp syndicates where some ex club members are willing to pay £100’s a year to fish.
So do many anglers expect too much for their money in my eyes, yes.

Keith M

Reaction score
I think anyone charging more than a fiver a day for catching normal course fish doesn't deserve any customers and they should be strung up like a man called Horse... but use treble hooks through their nipps instead of using eagles claws :cool:.

Said like a true Yorkshire man :)

Keith

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Said like a true Yorkshire man :)

Keith

Keith!....i'm a Lancastrian, red rose county, gods country!

Them Yorkshire plonkers talk with a daft accent and most of em have cockle eyes and smell of urine :w.