Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

Default Day Ticket prices

One of the clubs I am in is allowing members to take a guest on any club water on purchasing a day ticket, We are allowed 2 a year, mine will not be getting used. The club has a couple of pricing structures depending on time of the year, twelve pound or fifteen pound, this is for 12 hours. 8am to 8pm. The club said the price is based on an average price for a day ticket. Around where I live the prices vary from six pound to eight pound for a ticket on a commercial, one commercial near me has what you would call a specimen lake and charges ten pounds, the other pools on there are seven pounds. I think the club are hoping it will be carp anglers who want a guest ticket,and this is the reason mine will not be used, I do not carp fish and there is no way would I take a guest on what could be deemed silver fish waters,and they could struggle to have a decent days fishing. I don't know what day ticket prices are around the country, but I do think the club is charging to much. The club rents a pool on a commercial where members fish for free, but if they wish to fish the other pools they pay a day ticket price of seven pounds. what are your views on the pricing of day tickets. The club charges between 20 and 25 pound for a 24 hour ticket depending on the time of the year.

Default Re: Day Ticket prices

If they are talking standard coarse fisheries, I've yet to encounter one that costs more than £10 per day, but that would be a full on commie.

However, there are plenty of big carp commies that are £25, and more, per 24 hours. I'd suggest that the club a pricing with these in mind, or they just don't want much take up. They'll have to be pretty good carp fisheries (lots of reasonable sized fish or some really big fish for the area) for the carpers to bite.

I doubt that many normal coarse anglers will stump up £12/15 unless the fisheries are stupidly prolific or there's a chance of some stunning fish.

The reality is likely to be that the committee have decided to price high in the hope that prospective anglers just bite the bullet and buy a yearbook. If they don't, and they actually buy day tickets, then they are quids in.

The two day tickets I fished last year. Both were one lake only venues. One primarily a carp lake with lots of carp up to around 20lb, some coarse fish, mainly rudd, roach and a few tench, the rudd fishing was good. Cost £10. The other a non carp lake, a lot of fish including some barbel and chub, very good tench and bream, cost £7. Both in the south east, very well kept, clean, nice swims and picturesque surroundings.
    I thought the £10 was a bit steep as I was only rudd fishing but accepted it had to be one price but I did manage a free day. The owner said sometimes I dont come round, if I dont - I dont mind anyone having a free day so no guilt on my part.
    £7 I thought reasonable for the other one given the general rate is around £10 these days for some ordinary non specimen fishing.
    I doubt I would have fished either venue if they were up to £12-£15, well maybe maybe not but I would have had an issue with it.
    I dont know if that helps any but my thats my latest day ticket views/experience which is what you asked for and I thought it might endorse some of what Sam Vines said above.
    Last edited by markg; 08-02-2019 at 01:11.

Sam, there are no big carp commies around here, so I don't know how they are coming up with the average price of a day ticket. The ironic thing is a pensioner or a person with a blue badge who night fishes could join the club for 49 pounds,

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    Sam, there are no big carp commies around here, so I don't know how they are coming up with the average price of a day ticket. The ironic thing is a pensioner or a person with a blue badge who night fishes could join the club for 49 pounds,
    I'm not exactly familiar with places on the soggy side of the Pennines. However, the fishery I kind of had in mind when typing was Wyreside. You might not consider it very local, but I'd bet plenty of local carpers wouldn't bat an eyelid at travelling as far, or paying their prices.

Until recently, there wasn't that type of fishery within fifty miles of me. However, it doesn't stop plenty of lads I know travelling that far, and an awful lot further.

Here's another Lancashire carp fishery with prices in line with what you've posted.
    A little further afield, and also into bandit country, but not that far away, is another.

Whether your club waters can really compete with such places (in terms of fish size and numbers) is open to debate, but if they can, some folks will pay the price.

My club membership includes unlimited visits to one day ticket water(£5 per day) and 10 visits a year to two others(£6 per day)

My membership fee of £80pa is thus repaid in spades! The unlimited visit water is 5 minutes from me, has 4 lakes, is never crowded and has few rules! The farmer who owns it is now a pal and fishing is relaxed and enjoyable! Its a water which offers a good days fishing if you know what you're doing( what are you doing going then I hear you ask) in a beautiful setting! The waters look natural!

£5-6 pa is reasonable to me if there are toilets and reasonable fishing in a nice setting ! All are dawn til dusk so no silly hours limit!

All my river and canal fishing is covered by several club books. But for whatever reasons, that still doesn't give me any decent mixed stillwater fishing, so there are maybe 5 that I visit. Four cost £5 and the other is free. Only one is what you could call a commercial, but that's an unusual one, being 40 years or so old.

I forgot to mention that the club I alluded to does allow me to take a guest(£7.00 a day) on their other waters( the non Day ticket ones) . I have to book on line stating the water I wish to take a guest to and the date I wish to go! The ticket is non transferable but I'd doubt it would ever be checked as a bailiff is as elusive as the tench on most waters!

I think it's a good idea to be allowed to invite a mate to a water you are familiar with and which might offer a nice day out. It's good for the club in that said guest might just decide to become a member. It also raises club funds.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    I forgot to mention that the club I alluded to does allow me to take a guest(£7.00 a day) on their other waters( the non Day ticket ones) . I have to book on line stating the water I wish to take a guest to and the date I wish to go! The ticket is non transferable but I'd doubt it would ever be checked as a bailiff is as elusive as the tench on most waters!

I think it's a good idea to be allowed to invite a mate to a water you are familiar with and which might offer a nice day out. It's good for the club in that said guest might just decide to become a member. It also raises club funds.
    Mike I was going to ask you and Gordon when I first heard of the idea of guest day tickets, then I saw what the club are going to charge, and I wouldn't have the nerve to ask anyone now. I could show you round the waters as "potential" members for free and tell you what is in each water,

And we could both carry our favourite rods and reels as we are inseparable from them!!!

I'd be happy to pay if the fishing is good Mark; it's only like going to Frodsham!!!!

On reflection anything above £10 on a day ticket is a bit steep and above £20 would persuade to pass!
    Last edited by mikench; 08-02-2019 at 15:33.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast