Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Setting yourself a challenge.

Have a nice day and enjoy your weekend.
    Last edited by JohnSLocker; 09-02-2019 at 15:43. Reason: :)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Setting yourself a challenge.

I've got a challenge for you..... STOP weighing fish by hooking the scales in the gills. A simple carrier bag from any of the supermarket will cost you 5p won't break the bank will it! Weighs about an ounce, folds up to next to now't fits in the smallest of pockets.
    So do you think you can rise to this challenge of fish welfare or what?

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

if that roach had been caught on any of our club waters using a set up like that and weighing it like that, your challenge would have been to stop yourself from being thrown in. The anti angling brigade would have a field day with that video, also you could face prosecution under the protection of wildlife act.

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    I've got a challenge for you..... STOP weighing fish by hooking the scales in the gills. A simple carrier bag from any of the supermarket will cost you 5p won't break the bank will it! Weighs about an ounce, folds up to next to now't fits in the smallest of pockets.
    So do you think you can rise to this challenge of fish welfare or what?
    Wow, someone must have rattled your cage today. Valid point and I will endeavour to bring a carrier bag with me in future. I hope you have a nice day and enjoy your weekend. Thankyou for commenting.

Blog Entries

Indeed Mark!

regarding weighing of fish by using the gills.
    how would you like it if someone put a meathook through your lips or cheek and
    hauled you up to weigh you. ?

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    if that roach had been caught on any of our club waters using a set up like that and weighing it like that, your challenge would have been to stop yourself from being thrown in. The anti angling brigade would have a field day with that video, also you could face prosecution under the protection of wildlife act.

I take that this is obviously something you are passionate about, but guys come on. Point made, and as for being so dramatic as trying to throw someone in the water I think we’re being a bit extreme. There is no wonder coarse anglers fall out with each other so much. Life is a learning curve. And as for prosecution under the cruelty to wildlife act. I think you have a very good imagination. Thankfully for both of it seems I wasn’t on your club water. I was fishing in a beck behind a reservoir on private land. Enjoy your day.

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    regarding weighing of fish by using the gills.
    how would you like it if someone put a meathook through your lips or cheek and
    hauled you up to weigh you. ?

Are you honestly asking that? As an angler who catches fish with a hook? Come on. Leave it out.

I only started sea fishing last Summer and having watched many videos, it appears to me that a very different culture exists where the absence of unhooking mats, weigh slings etc seems quite common.

read up on the act and learn. I couldn't give a toss where you are fishing, it boils down to cruelty and giving the anti angling brigade including Peta, ammunition against anglers. And as for throwing in ,it does happen, Like you said, life is a learning curve and it seems you have a lot to learn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast