Giving up?

ford1947

Reaction score
I used to love fishing the Hampshire Avon. To me there is nothing better than long trotting with a quill float down the Avon. You always had a mixed bag of good sized fish.I used to fish a lot at Bickton standing in the middle of the river trotting with red worms for Chub, & always had a good bag of fish.

ford1947

Reaction score
Tried a new club last year but haven't fished or seen their waters this season.
Fishing for roach brings back memories of my Hampshire Avon days at Britford,Burgate and Bat and Bull at Downton, never did catch my 2lb roach but good days.

Looks like a break until the spring is on the cards unless someone comes and drags me
out.

Change of direction.
Looks like the next few weeks are now going to be taken up with Jury Service. After a session of that I might be pleased to get on the bank.

Do you remember when the bat & ball pub used to hire punts on the avon.

rayner

Reaction score
I've had the odd occasion when I've got a little down and fishing has been a fair excuse for me.
These occasions have gotten more frequent the older I get. Thinking back as I did a few weeks ago every time I was a little low coincided with a down turn in health.
At the moment I'm raring to go but not quite ready or steady enough on my feet.
Next month is a target set for my return. My enthusiasm is strong, I just need my legs to play the game.
Only I can make the difference.