Stumbled accross this article

daniel121

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm not doing much fishing at the moment, you'll know when I am because I'll be all over the forum :rolleyes::eek:

I have a smart phone now and it suggests article's for me to read, I'm not going to pretend I'm down with the kids because you all know that's not true, I'm getting on with my phone much better I thought I would :eek:mg:

Anyway my phone suggested this

[VIDEO] Anglers scramble to save carp from drained canal — Carpfeed

I quite enjoyed reading it, it would be nice if the main stream media picked up some poistive news like this rather than the constant barrage of Brexit doom and gloom, enjoy guys

andymac1981

Reaction score
This does make a pleasant change to the Brexit onslaught I am normally reading. Great story and great to see the 2 commons have a happy ending. Would be nice to see more of this in the mainstream would be a good promotion for angling!

The bad one

Reaction score
It happens at least once a month in the city centre.... some prick thinks its a laugh to open a lock gate!

PS there’s one place on the outskirts of the City, not saying where, where there’s a row of houses below the level of the canal and the pricks are always opening the lock gates, causing the canal to overflow, flooding the row of houses.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Throw The scrotes into the lock with braid or heavy mono tied in a lassoo around their goolies! I doubt they would return! I fished the Rochdale canal as a boy at Slattocks and remember it as clean and seemingly free of rubbish!

The bad one

Reaction score
Since they open it up to boating it is now a former shadow of itself Mike. The water is now constantly turbid. The lush weed growth has all but gone.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
It happens at least once a month in the city centre.... some prick thinks its a laugh to open a lock gate!

PS there’s one place on the outskirts of the City, not saying where, where there’s a row of houses below the level of the canal and the pricks are always opening the lock gates, causing the canal to overflow, flooding the row of houses.

Bloke I knew built a gym at the bottom of his garden , full on sound system , the works !
Local Chavs kept robbing it , so him and his mate ( both built like Brick ***houses ) staked it out for a few nights
Sure enough the float went down
He chased a local scally and caught him by the canal bridge , picked him up and threw him in the canal

Now when he told this story in the boozer he would pause for effect saying "I was waiting for the splash "
Some other scally had opened the lock gates and said chav was now lying in a barely a foot of water with a broken leg

The victim got charged with assault and fined because he ran after the guy

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Bloke I knew built a gym at the bottom of his garden , full on sound system , the works !
Local Chavs kept robbing it , so him and his mate ( both built like Brick ***houses ) staked it out for a few nights
Sure enough the float went down
He chased a local scally and caught him by the canal bridge , picked him up and threw him in the canal

Now when he told this story in the boozer he would pause for effect saying "I was waiting for the splash "
Some other scally had opened the lock gates and said chav was now lying in a barely a foot of water with a broken leg

The victim got charged with assault and fined because he ran after the guy

He didn’t get fined for running after him, he was fined for catching him, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daniel121

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I have not logged in since posting that. Its kind of been turned into a what's wrong with the Country thread. We really need to regain the ability to parent children, and replace father figures in society.