Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default Fishing in Abu Dhabi

Just spending a week on hols over here. Wasn’t really intending to fish but the locals are telling me it’s prime kingfish season so I am very tempted. Anyone had any experience over here or could point me to a decent guide? Anything else worth targeting this time of year?

Default Re: Fishing in Abu Dhabi

I have fished in the gulf several times and just chartered a boat with Tackle! I cannot recall the charter I last used but it was based in Dubai! My experience has been great apart from the quality of the Tackle! Cheap rods and reels with insufficient mono line even at 100lb bs!!!! I would take my own next time I go!

Google fishing trips and several will crop up. Ask about the Tackle to be used and look for quality marques!

3. Default Re: Fishing in Abu Dhabi

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    I have fished in the gulf several times and just chartered a boat with Tackle! I cannot recall the charter I last used but it was based in Dubai! My experience has been great apart from the quality of the Tackle! Cheap rods and reels with insufficient mono line even at 100lb bs!!!! I would take my own next time I go!

Google fishing trips and several will crop up. Ask about the Tackle to be used and look for quality marques!
    Thanks I can see a few local boats but a lot of them seem to be handlines only. I might ask on some of the ex pats forums

There are probably more out of Dubai or Raz al Khaimah!

5. Default Re: Fishing in Abu Dhabi

I’ve found a fantastic looking skipper here but problem is he doesn’t do a communal boat and I’d have to go out on my own at cost of around €700...guessing that his market is groups of businessmen etc. Anyone know if the shore fishing is worth a go? I hear the season at the moment is kingfish and cobia

I wouldn't know! At the top of Palm Jumeirah is the Atlantis hotel! It faces the gulf and one could fish from the rocks but I have never done so! I have never seen anyone fishing off the man made beaches! I have seen boats for hire for $200 for half a day!

Try this!

Deep Sea Fishing Trips in Dubai Daily | BBQ, Equipment & Crew
    Last edited by mikench; 25-02-2019 at 18:25.