Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Ad just got bigger

Angling direct have bought chapmans from Glasgow angling. Plus 2 more shops in the midlands. They missed out on fr, I wonder if they will go after Glasgow angling to break into Scotland and which other areas they will look to move into???
    Last edited by Specihunter; 27-02-2019 at 15:15.

Default Re: Ad just got bigger

Yes it looks like a few years down the line having bought out all their rivals it will be the only place to buy tackle.
    Interesting to see that their share price is now nearly 50p down on their market launch price.

There will be go outdoors/fishing republic in competition to them.

Quote Originally Posted by seth49 View Post
    There will be go outdoors/fishing republic in competition to them.
    Having used Go Outdoors their tackle selection does not match AD.
    Fishing Republic have only just been saved from go under.

I have never been into an Angling Direct branch, though I've been into the odd shop that is now an AD branch. Even with Chapmans becoming AD, there's still not an AD nearer than ninety miles away.

I was pleasantly surprised when I paid a visit to NW Angling in Wigan after it had been taken over by AD. They didn't have quite so many float rods to look at, but still, it was much better than I thought it would have been!
    They gave me a really good discount on a rod and the points they gave me for buying the rod gave me a few containers of shot etc....and those free shot gave me points for more stuff.....it was great lol.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised when I paid a visit to NW Angling in Wigan after it had been taken over by AD. They didn't have quite so many float rods to look at, but still, it was much better than I thought it would have been!
    They gave me a really good discount on a rod and the points they gave me for buying the rod gave me a few containers of shot etc....and those free shot gave me points for more stuff.....it was great lol.
    I usually do there and Leigh Tackle and Bait. North West had a few rods in ranging in price from low to high, I am not sure if they will price match like they used to, but LTB still do good deals.

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    I usually do there and Leigh Tackle and Bait. North West had a few rods in ranging in price from low to high, I am not sure if they will price match like they used to, but LTB still do good deals.
    Yeah, they're both my locals really. LTB usually give a good discount if you ask em, although they couldn't touch the discount AD did me on a daiwa rod several months back.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

There is a good deal on a Preston Absolute compact seatbox with an extra tray unit, it is down to 299 quid, that is on par or 20 quid dearer than the new preston innovations Inception seatbox. Also a 14.5 metre MAP 301 2gs pole is down to 545 from 750.

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    There is a good deal on a Preston Absolute compact seatbox with an extra tray unit, it is down to 299 quid, that is on par or 20 quid dearer than the new preston innovations Inception seatbox. Also a 14.5 metre MAP 301 2gs pole is down to 545 from 750.

That sounds like martian language to me Mark, i've absolutly no knowladge about seatboxes and poles.....now if you were to talk centrepin reels and float rods etc the mist would clear and we'd be talking my language .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast