Loosing it.

seth49

Reaction score
Just spent several hours over the last few days, looking for my Korum weighing scales,searched everywhere they could have been.

Even emptied my cabin out, couldn’t find them anywhere, started to think I’d lost them, still searching this morning, no sign of them.
Looked up for inspiration, and spotted the small bag I keep my spinning and drop shotting gear in, on top of the wardrobe, so got it down, had a look, and there they where.

Seems to be, the older I get the more time I spend looking for things, at least I’ve plenty of spare time, damned annoying though.

mikench

Reaction score
I know that feeling Keith! I buy things like float stops, bb shot and catty elastic and put them somewhere safe and then cannot find them or, more worrying still, forget I've even bought them and buy more:confused:

spenbeck

Reaction score
On the plus side, you can sometimes put an old jacket or pair of trousers on and find a fiver in the pocket!

john step

Reaction score
Not just fishing tackle although that features regularly in the "cannot find it scene".

Car keys are the absolute bast*rds for hiding from me. I even bought a gizmo keyring once that played a tune when I clapped my hands to locate it. . The trouble was it drove me nuts when it jangled about in the ignition and I went over a bump and played its stupid tune.:eek:mg:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I thought I had lost my car once when I lived in Lymm, I had gone into the village for some shopping, got to the car park, No car.. was cursing the thieving sods who had pinched it, so trecked home with a couple of heavy shopping bags and lo and behold.. there on my drive was the car. I nearly had a Fawlty Towers moment and took a branch to it for being there. And to cap it all the wife decided to tell everyone about it.

Reaction score
Not age related,but many years ago I had an orange tan Vauxhall chevette(first car HNK375V),I came out of work and couldn't see my car,I walked up and down,looked in places that I knew I hadn't parked in,I was at wits end thinking some barsteward had pinched it,I stood near where i thought I'd parked talking to a workmate when I saw this chevette in pink,it was elderberry time and the birds had covered it in poop,doh...

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I thought I had lost my car once when I lived in Lymm, I had gone into the village for some shopping, got to the car park, No car.. was cursing the thieving sods who had pinched it, so trecked home with a couple of heavy shopping bags and lo and behold.. there on my drive was the car. I nearly had a Fawlty Towers moment and took a branch to it for being there. And to cap it all the wife decided to tell everyone about it.
The opposite happened to me once. I'd come back from seeing a client and called at the corner shop for some bread, as instructed. I got home and there was no car in the drive. It was there a few minutes ago! How could they have nicked it so quickly? I mean, the keys are here, in my pock-e-t..! A quick walk back to the shop to collect the car.

Yes, I made the same mistake and told the wife and don't they like to tell EVERYBODY about it, even people who don't know us. Till girls in Asda and the giggle about it.

mikench

Reaction score
My wife went shopping locally and parked her car and then walked home without it! I came home from work and expressed surprise that she was home when her car wasn't! She panicked and called the police convinced it had been stolen from the drive. My youngest daughter then reminded her she had parked it outside a local shop!

She rang the police again who must have thought" bl**** women". I did!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My wife went shopping locally and parked her car and then walked home without it! I came home from work and expressed surprise that she was home when her car wasn't! She panicked and called the police convinced it had been stolen from the drive. My youngest daughter then reminded her she had parked it outside a local shop!

She rang the police again who must have thought" bl**** women". I did!

:car: ::help: :eek:mg:

I don't know why I feel embarrassed....made me laugh that Mike :).