Bakers meaty Meals for small dogs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you put a shot on your line, a foot or so away from that one anchoring your pop up Mike?

I have a theory that when using a pop up under a float the bait will rise up directly and is suspended next to your mainline, place a shot a foot or so away, reel in a few inches when everything has settled and hopefully your bait has popped up some distance from your mainline.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
No John and I have never used one and wouldn't know how to ! I was curious to see how well they floated and how long it was before they lost their structural integrity ie become soggy and useless.

I used an AA shot I think to stop that but who knows what the rig looked like:)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You’re just basically laying on a foot or so, the tow might completely make a Horlics of my theory though! but it’s certainly worth trying if you think the fish are getting spooked with that suspended bait possibly brushing against the main line.

mikench

Reaction score
I anticipate I would use them either as a floating bait on the top with either a controller or bubble float or as a pop up bait on a bomb or method feeder.

If they don't work there is a nice little dog next door who would like them.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So far I’ve yet to get a single morsel taken from the surface on the estate lake, that is from a carp because I did take a tench off the top! These carp just don’t like playing ball, maybe the meaty balls might tempt them.....watch this space.