How far do you travel

john step

Reaction score
Bottom of the garden for barbel, bream, trout and grayling and my neighbours land if I fancy a change for roach and perch!. Looking forward to exploring some lakes a bit further afield this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whats the weather like out there. Did you get that recent warm spell?

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
Pourquoi me rappelles -tu pas toujours!:rolleyes: Fiche-moi le camp!:)

Ne t'en fais pas; j'ai dit ça pour rire!

Tu es toujours bienvenue. Nous somme à Beaulieu sur Dordogne, es-tu loin.

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
Whats the weather like out there. Did you get that recent warm spell?

Yes we had that warm spell,too eating lunch on the patio in 20+C. But currently in the U.K. where it’s cold and wet today. Looking forward to tomorrow for a trip to the local tackle shop to stock up on proper floats(!), worms, maggots and lower cost pellets and hemp. But in fairness there are some fantastic tackle shops in France.

Molehill

Reaction score
Unfortunately the coarse rivers I fish are all 80-100 miles each way. Hence the camper van with far fewer but longer (couple of days at least) trips. Very frustrating not being able to pop down to a water for a quick session, but such is life.

Keith M

Reaction score
Unfortunately the coarse rivers I fish are all 80-100 miles each way. Hence the camper van with far fewer but longer (couple of days at least) trips. Very frustrating not being able to pop down to a water for a quick session, but such is life.

With all that water and rain in Wales I would have thought that you would have been spoilt for choice. I feel quite sad for you I really do :(

Keith

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
Merci mille fois mais malheureusement , nous restons à Nice quand en France! Un jour peut-être ! Je connais bien Sarlat!

Tigger will be enjoying this being keen on French!:rolleyes:

Oui, j'aime bien Nice particulièrement la vieille ville et, parce que je suis skieur et cycliste, sa proximité avec les montagnes. Quelles sont les options de pêche les plus proches? (Tigger, il n’a pas mordu à l’appât ... pour le moment)

mikench

Reaction score
Il y a beaucoup des lacs( St Cassien par example est 30 kilometre de Nice par le A8) et Le Var n'est pas loin aussi.

A ce moment la pêche à l'eau douce est interdit pour moi :(

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Reet, lets talk proper on 'ere forra change, no moer French gobbledygook. I useta go down t'midlands t' fish, places like Clattercote, oxford canal, tunnel barn, round abart a 200 mile round trip most times.

Molehill

Reaction score
With all that water and rain in Wales I would have thought that you would have been spoilt for choice. I feel quite sad for you I really do :(

Keith

Everything that swims here has an adipose fin and there's not many of them left!

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
7ffb9cb765bff772df946090e4f6ab72.jpg

My furthest trip this year was 6000 miles or so to Thailand, some backdrop. I live in London and my nearest club waters are about 40 minutes away. I have several fishing trips each year after grayling mostly and also some away with mainly ex members from here. Severn near Bridgnorth las year and year before also a trip to Wales. I don’t mind a long trip for good company and a good laugh.

John Keane

Reaction score
My club coarse water is 25 minutes away. A different club’s trout lake is around 55 miles, as is salmon water on the Welsh Dee. Beach fishing on the North Wales coast is anything from an hour to 2 hours (if Anglesey is the target.)

Spring salmon fishing on the Spey is 370 miles but that’s for a week in residence.

bullet

Reaction score
Tu es toujours bienvenue. Nous somme à Beaulieu sur Dordogne, es-tu loin.

Lovely part of the world, Roger.

I have also found French tackle shops very pricey.

I was in Beaulieu a few years back and popped into a little shop near a bridge to enquire about the fishing.
I picked up a few flies I didn't need as I always buy something if I'm going in to ask about fishing locally.
They came to 20 something euros!
Much to my wife's shame, i couldn't help but start putting most of them back....."hmm, actually I think I've got a few of those etc."

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
Lovely part of the world, Roger.

I have also found French tackle shops very pricey.

I was in Beaulieu a few years back and popped into a little shop near a bridge to enquire about the fishing.
I picked up a few flies I didn't need as I always buy something if I'm going in to ask about fishing locally.
They came to 20 something euros!
Much to my wife's shame, i couldn't help but start putting most of them back....."hmm, actually I think I've got a few of those etc."

Thanks for the acknowledgment, if you ever come back to Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne we’re just finishing the set up of our BnB and would love to make you welcome. If you’re travelling in France look out for “ Pacific Pêche” which are a chain, offering a great range of products across all disciplines, with many offers, and you can even buy maggots in quantities of more than 5 at a time. ( no connection other than satisfied customer)