What video would you like me to make

The occasional angler

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I thought it would be fun to make a video on a fishing topic of your choice (within reason).
If you post suggestions and vote, I will attempt to make the most popular suggestion.

I have access to a lake with carp (some pike) roach etc (the usual suspects).

I’m planning to try and film a carp taking a hookbait underwater, anything related to this could be good.

Post your suggestions
Thanks guy

mikench

Reaction score
If you want fun try filming a long trot whilst stirring a risotto on a river bank! Playing a large carp on the other rod would be just as good!:rolleyes::)

Molehill

Reaction score
Two carp on two rods at the same time always gives some entertainment. 3 fish on 3 rods if you want comedy gold.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Given your location, a three fish challenge, all in one day, a fish from the sea, a fish from the river and a fish from a lake, all on same rod and reel.

mikench

Reaction score
Check the YouTube vids posted by Another Dave and others on fishing in a traditional manner for roach and other smaller fish on light tackle! Adopt a similar approach emulating their style and you may have an audience.

Out of idle interest does your YouTube channel invite subscribers and do they provide some pecuniary gain?

Another Dave

Reaction score
There should be a close up of a wild flower, preferably something unremarkable - Himalayan Balsam is popular if you're shooting during the summer - and perhaps a butterfly or other insect. It is also imperative to include some footage of a bird, if in doubt just plump for some ducks.

trotter2

Reaction score
Some good underwater film of how shotting patterns effect presentation on running water.
Never been done as far as I know.

The occasional angler

Reaction score
Hi Mike, thanks for your message. I’m really trying to forge my own style rather than copy others. You can subscribe to my channel (would love it if you did) and I don’t make any money from my videos..... it’s just me myself and I (at present)

The occasional angler

Reaction score
Hi mark & trotter, thanks for your suggestions. I’m not much of a match fisherman, so I don’t feel I would do either of your suggestions much justice. Perhaps I could convince my local tackle shop owner to let me shadow him match fishing?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Hi mark & trotter, thanks for your suggestions. I’m not much of a match fisherman, so I don’t feel I would do either of your suggestions much justice. Perhaps I could convince my local tackle shop owner to let me shadow him match fishing?

it would be better if you asked him to let you film him pleasure fishing, I wouldn't like to be filmed when in a match,

trotter2

Reaction score
I can see the problems would be getting everything in focus at the right time, other things that could be covered is holding back ,checking the float and how fish respond to diffrent shotting and presentation,hook size, line dia the permutations could go on and on.
Send me a pm if you need to

Gary

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
From what I can see of your posts on fishingmagic - which consist of nothing whatsoever on any topic other than promoting your videos - I would suggest your barking up the wrong (and if I may, a slightly annoying) tree.

You want to up the likes and subscribers to your videos? Well go make them and then we'll see what happens. If they're any good, you'll get the likes, shares and subscribes that you crave,

However, if you want an honest answer from me - i'd say don't bother! If you're going to approach making these videos from a perspective of just trying to get them liked, it's probably the case that you don't have a clear artistic or creative process to begin with. Art doesn't work because you contract up-front with the consumer of whether they'll like it before you create it. You make something of you own, you put yourself in to it with your own vision and passion and then you show it to the world. That's when you find out if its something that people wanted.

(Your current approach is reminding me a little of our current crop of politicians who suggest that it's up to their constituents to tell them what sort of politics it is that they want! No, it's up to the politician to tell us, we then have the option to vote for them or not. Sorry to digress. Bit of a current bugbear of mine!)

Frankly, at the moment in terms of your interactions here, I can't see that you've ever entered comments about any fishing related subject other than these videos of yours, and I see that you didn't answer mikench's question - do you benefit in a financial way from people liking/ sharing/ subscribing to your videos?

The occasional angler

Reaction score
hi Jim, thank you for thoughts. My channel is aimed at people like myself, dads who work all week and get little time to indulge their passion, hence the occasional angler. As I get such a little amount of time to fish, I often do gear reviews and instructional videos like knots or tips to help other angler. The point of this thread was to try and gauge something you as a fishing group would like to see, intern this will give me ideas for future videos.
I don’t make any money from these videos, although it would be nice so I could buy items to review. I produce these videos in the evenings when my wife is putting my daughter to bed. I do work in the film industry as a visual effect artist, so I’m trying to produce a more professional video and I do put quite a bit of thought and planning into my videos. Thanks guy