Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When I die...

Blog Entries

Default Re: When I die...

A little off post but a few weeks ago I went to my cousins funarel , when the hearse drew up there were no flowers , simply his fishing rod atop his coffin that I thought was really apt him being a life long angler and all.
    Later I was told that his wish was for any family and friends to have a days fishing on him on the river Trent where his ashes would be mixed with g'bait and thrown in the water whereupon we would all fish "on him" .
    I'm on the list for June 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Not that they would want them but I will leave everything to my kids. I like animals in general and dogs in particular but not to the detriment or exclusion of humans. Besides Fido would struggle to use a trotting rod and pin!
    It's not to late to adopt me Mike.....DADDY

Quote Originally Posted by flightliner View Post
    A little off post but a few weeks ago I went to my cousins funarel , when the hearse drew up there were no flowers , simply his fishing rod atop his coffin that I thought was really apt him being a life long angler and all.
    Later I was told that his wish was for any family and friends to have a days fishing on him on the river Trent where his ashes would be mixed with g'bait and thrown in the water whereupon we would all fish "on him" .
    I'm on the list for June 16th.
    Keep youe fingers crossed you don't finnish up in the groundbait Mick

Blog Entries

My ashes will be buried in our family graveyard plot which is very close to my local estate lake; and my son will probably have most of my fishing gear if he wants it; the rest will go to the junior section of one of my clubs.

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Quote Originally Posted by laguna View Post

I think i'd teach em to hoover tye house, wash the car, do the garden, paint the house etc etc and go fishing myself while they sort out the other matters.
    If only, i'd be laughin'!

Blog Entries

If I could train the dog to just carry my small bag and unhooking mat from swim to swim and then lie still, while I’m doing a bit of roving that would be good enough for me.

My last dog (a Jack Russel terrier) used to drive me mad by trying to grab every fish that I caught as I bought it in, and sometimes even while it was still in the water, which drove me bonkers.

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    It's not to late to adopt me Mike.....DADDY
    I'll think about it son. With all that extra tackle you would need a bigger house.

I'll think about it son. With all that extra tackle you would need a bigger house.
    It's ok pop's, i'll make room for it .

Blog Entries

Don't do it Mike, he's after your rods!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast