Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable

Default Unbelievable

For the past 3 seasons i have been a bailiff for a local club,and as luck as had it i have not had any bad experiances with poachers although i have had to ask a couple of them to stop fishing and leave the stretch of river, earlier this season the head bailiff and the rest of us thought a free club ticket should be given to all our club bailiffs, so this was put to the committee, they came back with a suggestion that all bailiffs should police their respect stretches at least every 10 days , which we all agreed with and actioned straight away,5 weeks ago we all got a text from Head bailiff saying that at this years ticket would be free and to be collected after this years AGM,last week we all got a text from the head bailiff saying that the committee had changed there stance and no free tickets would be issued, the Head bailiff myself and one other have now resigned all bailiff duties and 2 more are considering doing so, do any of you on FM do a bailiffs job and do you get a free club ticket .

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unbelievable

Seems pretty reasonable to me Stripey that you should be allowed a permit for the work you do.

What a disgraceful attitude, are there bailiffs on the committee?

Quote Originally Posted by stripey View Post
    For the past 3 seasons i have been a bailiff for a local club,and as luck as had it i have not had any bad experiances with poachers although i have had to ask a couple of them to stop fishing and leave the stretch of river, earlier this season the head bailiff and the rest of us thought a free club ticket should be given to all our club bailiffs, so this was put to the committee, they came back with a suggestion that all bailiffs should police their respect stretches at least every 10 days , which we all agreed with and actioned straight away,5 weeks ago we all got a text from Head bailiff saying that at this years ticket would be free and to be collected after this years AGM,last week we all got a text from the head bailiff saying that the committee had changed there stance and no free tickets would be issued, the Head bailiff myself and one other have now resigned all bailiff duties and 2 more are considering doing so, do any of you on FM do a bailiffs job and do you get a free club ticket .
    it is a "no brainer" , they want free policing of their waters and you to take all the potential risks for what ?

edited to say ; what are the club fees per annum and how many days are expected to be present as a bailiff , once every ten days over how many months ? TELL THEM TO SHOVE IT
    Last edited by john r stockburn; 25-03-2019 at 23:02. Reason: ADDITIONAL TEXT

Blog Entries

To the questions yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by stripey View Post
    we all got a text from the head bailiff saying that the committee had changed there stance and no free tickets would be issued,
    I take it that the committee don't get a free ticket?

One of my clubs gives all head bailiffs a free ticket plus it shuts some waters for all bailiffs to get together for a match and BBQ. Seems the right thing to do to pay them back for their work.

I would say yes,unless the club is in need of the funds,how much is a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    What a disgraceful attitude, are there bailiffs on the committee?
    The Head Bailiff was on the committee but has resigned, he used to get a free ticket as do all committee members, seems that their work is more important than bailiffs.

Quote Originally Posted by john r stockburn View Post
    it is a "no brainer" , they want free policing of their waters and you to take all the potential risks for what ?

edited to say ; what are the club fees per annum and how many days are expected to be present as a bailiff , once every ten days over how many months ? TELL THEM TO SHOVE IT
    45£ per annum, police waters every 10 days for duration of river season.

Already told them to Shove it as have 3 more bailiffs,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast