Redmire Pool

steve2

Reaction score
If any one fancies buying it it is on the market with the house and grounds for £3.25 million.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought it was up for sale in 2017, then taken off the market. The lake to undergo a long term restoration project by the owners Richardson, has this now changed?

steve2

Reaction score
I thought it was up for sale in 2017, then taken off the market. The lake to undergo a long term restoration project by the owners Richardson, has this now changed?

According to the Redmire Pool facebook page, yes.
Up for sale in the Country Life mag.
They reckon that the pool brings in an income of around £40000 a year

Philip

Reaction score
Hope it get bought by someone whose not interested in letting anyone fish it and just leaves it alone to let nature do the controlling.

theartist

Reaction score
Hope it get bought by someone whose not interested in letting anyone fish it and just leaves it alone to let nature do the controlling.

Really, why? I've heard it's well past it's best fishing wise but Redmire is still a mecca for carp anglers surely keeping fishing there would please a lot of the fishing community?

steve2

Reaction score
Redmire is still a mecca for carp anglers

It might be but since having all that restoration work it no longer as the mystery it once had. Give it another 40 years without fishing and it might once again have it. Until then it is just a hole in the ground stocked with carp.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Carp fishing has evolved so much since Chris Yates caught that famous fish, I don’t think they’ll ever be the mystery and magic about Redmire or any other pool.

Philip

Reaction score
Really, why? I've heard it's well past it's best fishing wise but Redmire is still a mecca for carp anglers surely keeping fishing there would please a lot of the fishing community?

Yes your right on some level. As a historical place perhaps it should be left open to everyone.

However the way I see it is that the only way Redmire will ever even begin to recapture anything like the magic it once had it to re-instill the mystery which made it so special. And the only way you will ever do that is to stop anyone fishing it.

Of course the chances of it ever throwing up fish like it once did again are so remote its laughable but I would still rather see it left to its own devices than turned into a run down fairground attraction.

Last edited:

theartist

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's under the illusion that it will ever be what it was but from all the carp anglers I talk to it is a place of history and they go there just to soak it up.

Hopefully the new owners will not see it as an investment rather a passion

The bad one

Reaction score
Ok folks I bought it last week for 2.95 m. My intention is to drain it, then as the level drops, net it and sell off the fish, de-silt it to give it some depth back. Allow it to refill natural then stock it with the the best tench (200) available of around 3 lbs. Add 100 one lb rudd, some perch around 100 of about ½ lb in weight. I may add 500 DNA tested Crucian Carp a year later than the first stocking of new fish.
There will not be any king carp of any kind stocked back in the water.
Any that may have avoided the netting/de-silting, will be shot with a 12 bore BB shot cartridge, which should prove to be a quick and efficient means of killing of these unwanted species.

The lake will be left for 5 years totally unfished by anyone including myself.

The Pool will from now on be known as “Redmire Native Coarse Fish Pool.”

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Ok folks I bought it last week for 2.95 m. My intention is to drain it, then as the level drops, net it and sell off the fish, de-silt it to give it some depth back. Allow it to refill natural then stock it with the the best tench (200) available of around 3 lbs. Add 100 one lb rudd, some perch around 100 of about ½ lb in weight. I may add 500 DNA tested Crucian Carp a year later than the first stocking of new fish.
There will not be any king carp of any kind stocked back in the water.
Any that may have avoided the netting/de-silting, will be shot with a 12 bore BB shot cartridge, which should prove to be a quick and efficient means of killing of these unwanted species.

The lake will be left for 5 years totally unfished by anyone including myself.

The Pool will from now on be known as “Redmire Native Coarse Fish Pool.”

No Gudgeon !!!!????!!!!! .....thats criminal. :)