Preston Innovations/ Korum

mikench

Reaction score
In a recent post by me on the HDYGO thread I posted a pic of my Korum Accessory chair which unfortunately broke whilst I was folding it up! I really rated and liked this chair up to that point and felt disappointed as the chair was out of warranty!

I contacted Preston directly and spoke with a helpful chap called Andy Young who on seeing my photos agreed to replace the broken part free of charge.

This arrived today.

I will fit it tomorrow. Credit where credit is due I have to commend Preston Innovations for excellent customer care and service! Even the postage was free of charge! I have a lot of Korum gear and consider it innovative and well made. This experience has enhanced my opinion of the company and I am sure that if other members ever encounter the same problem they can be assured, I hope, of similar service.

Reaction score
I had a feeling that would be the result,I've had one for years and mine is still going strong and I'm a lardy harris....

mikench

Reaction score
I have just fitted it. Boy am I glad I took some photos of how the crossmember attaches to the arms and thus the chair as the whole thing looks totally different once the old one is removed along with the legs.

So if this problem occurs with your Korum Accessory chair take some photos before you disassemble.

JONM14

Reaction score
When I started back fishing, my dad gave me bits and pieces to get started again. Luckily this meant I could save up for what I wanted and I went down the Preston route with my box, pole, luggage etc etc. Mainly due to my dad having a Preston box and really liking the quality and I have to say that I agree. It was also partly due to the fact my local tackle shop has a good Preston stock and I try to buy most of my gear there. As with most things now I found a bit of haggling on the prices normally saves you a few quid as Preston are on the expensive side but will normally do a deal to get the sale. 3 years of being carted up and down canals and rivers its still as good as when i bought it. Just needs me to get a bit better to make the most out of it.

GT56

Reaction score
I'm sure any issues with Korum chairs are very unusual and not surprised they were very quick to resolve.
I've owned a very early lightweight model for many years, It looks what it is, tatty/well used with some home made attachments to compliment the appearance.
I'm confident it'll see me out but I'm tempted by some very comfortable looking padded models I've recently spotted.
However comfy afternoon naps could easily prove an issue and then there's my bodged up attachments to consider.

mikench

Reaction score
I'm sure you are right . The crossmember broke not whilst I was sat on it but whilst folding the chair. Curiously I had a problem with my first chair, a Robochair now sold by Kodex. The legs at the back kept collapsing( the telescopic system common to many chairs is a piece of aluminium kept in place by a spring). They took it away and admitted there was a problem in manufacture so replaced the whole thing free of charge. Again excellent service which I posted about at the time.

I only bought the Korum as I didn't want to be without a chair for weeks( 8 it turned out) and have to compromise on my fishing.

Have i inherited some of the less desirable qualities of our Binka?