Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Default Any alternative to hempseed for Fizzing effect for groundbait ???

Hempseed is super expensive in our country and also harder to find. I have used particles such as ground corn, seeds and even ground peanut, but it didn't fizz like I thought it would. Can anybody give any suggestions on what I can use in my groundbait for it to breakdown quickly and fizz in and around the groundbait.

Default Re: Any alternative to hempseed for Fizzing effect for groundbait ???

I understand flax seed has the same effect not that I have ever noticed it when I do use hemp! Does copra fizz or other derivatives of the coconut? Flax may be cheaper and more readily available! Decathlon produce an interesting guide on additives for bait and gb.

INGREDIENTS FOR BAIT | Caperlan
    Last edited by mikench; 10-04-2019 at 08:05.

Quote Originally Posted by logan_paul View Post
    Hempseed is super expensive in our country and also harder to find. I have used particles such as ground corn, seeds and even ground peanut, but it didn't fizz like I thought it would. Can anybody give any suggestions on what I can use in my groundbait for it to breakdown quickly and fizz in and around the groundbait.
    Try dessicated coconut or bran fine ones
    More like a rough powder. Breaks up groundbait

A spoonful of cod liver oil or fish oil in groundbait wont fizz but it will give off an aroma and create a slick that travels up to the surface. A good attracter.

Blog Entries

Liquidise corn then leave to dry will cause it to readily float to the surface, mixed with groundbait should give a similar effect to ground hemp.

Desicated coconut does help to breakup groundbait but it floats to the surface and attracts coots. Layers mash seived through a maggot riddle works by breaking up the groundbait - you will have to experiment to get the mix right.

Blog Entries

Surprised no one has suggested adding bicarbonate of soda to your groundbait. That'll make it fizz like crazy. 1 Tablespoon to a 1kg dry mix should do it.