The price of catapult elastic,

mikench

Reaction score
Amazing accuracy! I am resisting the temptation at the moment but the thought of cormorants is weakening my resistance! The trouble is I never mastered my boilie pult which is surprisingly hard to pull and to get the boilie beyond the forks of the pult or the fingers which hold it.

Reaction score
Amazing accuracy! I am resisting the temptation at the moment but the thought of cormorants is weakening my resistance! The trouble is I never mastered my boilie pult which is surprisingly hard to pull and to get the boilie beyond the forks of the pult or the fingers which hold it.

Also they cause jarring which aggravates tennis elbow and joint pain in the wrist,I'd rather shoot the beggars,stainless shot of course,it penetrates their matted feathers...

Reaction score
My catapult elastic has arrived from China,looks the bees knees,all for the princely sum of £1.98 post free....

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
Last week I went into a tackle shop and noticed. A massive spool of latex catty tubing suitable for the "River king" catapults.
I didn't ask the price as the owner is an ok type but just asked for a one metre length.
He said not many used the stronger stuff these days and pulled three armslengths off and asked me for a pound!
It was enough to use as a skipping rope, well pleased.

Reaction score
Forgot to say who and where I bought this from,well it was ebay,the seller was bluestone001 it came under the heading '1m 2040 4mm pure latex rubber tube catapult band elastic for slingshot',I have ended up making one kit for my Redicat and one for a Drennan catty out of a metre length,I bought 2m so it's a much cheaper fix...;)

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Forgot to say who and where I bought this from,well it was ebay,the seller was bluestone001 it came under the heading '1m 2040 4mm pure latex rubber tube catapult band elastic for slingshot',I have ended up making one kit for my Redicat and one for a Drennan catty out of a metre length,I bought 2m so it's a much cheaper fix...;)

Thanks for that; ordered a couple of metres.

Reaction score
No probs Mark,I think I will buy another 5m later in the year,if I do,I will ask the seller if I can have it in one length,less wastage...

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you have any old inner tubes from bicycle tyres they make excellent replacements for catapults, you need to give careful consideration to both the knot and the thickness you cut the rubber at to determine accuracy. If you like the wood crafts and have access to a suitable "y" shaped union on say a young (ish) Ash tree branch or lightweight hardwoods you can make your own.
Thin strips of inner tube also make brilliant fire lighters for wet weather if your struggling to get the stove going on those very damp winter overnighters by the riverside.

Last edited: