Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default The price of catapult elastic,

I can't believe the price of spare catapult elastics,around 3-4 quid for many,I bought all the dedicated redicat elastic available many years ago and still have 11 lots,I have been on eBay and bought 2m of elastic to try for £4.76 post free,4m is £8.27,I will give it a try,2m equates to roughly seven catapults,this stuff comes in 4 or 5 grades,from extra light(what I bought)to extra strong.

Default Re: The price of catapult elastic,

There's a joke in there somewhere Alan if I could remember it! I cannot recall ever replacing my catapult elastic as a kid but the elastic on my ezfeeda and other conventional pults barely last 6 months of strenuous use coupled with uv rays! It always looks ok until you stretch it! Not cheap!
    Last edited by mikench; 13-04-2019 at 07:11.

Try Nick Gilbert’s

Catapult Elastic – Float Store

Blog Entries

A spare from my local shop for a Drennan cost me three and a half quid this last week.
    I normally get through at least 3 a year, including shortening the elastic a couple of times due to breakages.

Blog Entries

I normally go through one to one and a half lots a year,mainly because lots of the time I hand feed,or pva bag it,or feeder fish,but I just think it's a rip off,after all its only a short length of rubber tube...

Blog Entries

Have a look on Cattapult Repair Kit - One Pound Fishing Tackle
    spare catapult elastic is only £1 and they’ve been selling it for £1 for years.

Ive used it to replace the elastic on a couple of my catapults over the last couple of years and it’s been fine.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 13-04-2019 at 14:32.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Blog Entries

If you're not pulting freebies a long way then why not use a strong pole elastic, works fine !

Blog Entries

Call me pernickety,but I really like the old redicat design,where the elastic goes right through the hollow arms of the catty,also the pouch has a sleeve up both sides where the elastic passes,a v shaped piece of round plastic then pushes into the tubular elastic and through a hole in the base of the pouch,all this means it is REALLY tangle free and the pouch is always open,best design I've ever used,but others will have different preferences...

As I also enjoy making catapults and target shooting with them (well, tin cans) in the garden, I get through a bit.
    I ended up buying direct from China, bulk 10metres at a fraction of the UK price. I ordered up 3 different strengths so have plenty to last me out.
    But I can't remember where it was from or give you a link, have to search for Dankung tubing.

Blog Entries

Very good information Molehill, I've made a note and will definitely check their sizes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast