Thanks Thanks:  38
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very sad day.

Blog Entries

Default Very sad day.

I've just had a call from Pat Gibson informing me that Derek very sadly passed away around 10am this morning after being taken very ill after midnight when he was rushed to the Northern general hospital by ambulance.
    I'm sure that all of us here will be saddened by the news of his passing and to wish Pat and family all their best wishes at this sad and difficult time.
    Derek was a most prolific poster on Fishing magic as well as being a mountain of knowledge that he was only to pleased to pass on, particularly with regards to pike where he was highly regarded in that particular field of Angling .
    Rest in peace Derek!

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Default Re: Very sad day.

That is indeed very sad news. I only knew Derek through his posts on here but it was very clear what a thought provoking and interesting guy he was. There are fewer and fewer of Derek's experience & calibre around and we wont see their like again.

Very sad news. The big Pike are not hard to catch thread is one of the greats and testiment to his knowledge, experience and skill.

Condolences to his family.

RiP

Blog Entries

Truly the saddest news.

Derek was not only an excellent angler but a very constant contributor here in FM and always with thought provoking posts.

Through FM I came to know Derek as a friend and reading Mick’s post above fills me with sadness.

My sincere condolences go to Pat and all family and friends.

Rest In Peace old friend, you will be sorely missed.
    Last edited by Peter Jacobs; 19-04-2019 at 16:38.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Blog Entries

What devastating news! Derek will be sorely missed on here. Derek had a wealth of fishing knowledge especially on Pike and other predators, which he was always willing to share with us, and his posts were always interesting and thought provoking.

RIP Derek

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 13-04-2019 at 20:20.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I never met Derek, but his posts on here were always interesting and credible.

Truly saddened by this news.

RIP Derek. You will be missed.

Very sad indeed , a very deep knowledge and understanding of predators , a real generosity in sharing that knowledge with others and genuinely a keen mind that was apparent every time he posted. My condolences to his family.

Very sad news indeed. Derek was an exceptional wealth of knowledge and an exceptionally nice person. My condolences to Pat and his family.
    Rest in peace Derek....................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Sad news indeed. I never met him but corresponded via FM a few times. He made lures which were works of art. I remember an accomplished lure making angler writing in Angling Times extolling his skills and thanking him for showing him how to make them.
    Condolences to his family.

Truly devastating!
    Where I live there is no opportunity to fish for pike. But his approach to them has helped me to improve my own predator fishing.
    His thought provoking posts on why we fish has always forced me to question myself.

My sincerest condolences to his family and may he rest in peace.

God bless

Lakhyaman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast