Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  155
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Mini Species Challenge

Be nice to see more pics of species like Bullheads, Ruffe, Gudgeon etc, any species that doesn't top 1lb.

Could run from now till end of season and doesn't have to be sized based, maybe best photo decided by vote at the end, anyone can catch these fish from any type of venue, just a bit of fun.

What do you think?

Default Re: Mini Species Challenge

Good idea...

Great idea, give Neil the trophy right now.

I'm in ! Neil is the one to beat but I may have a cunning plan!

Ok guys lets have it then, pics of everything small and wonderful, they don't have to be massive or British records but if it's a clonking gonk or a pope that's dope then all the better, it's a jam jar style old skool task taking us back to our youth. If you want to go off topic with a conversation about Stone Loach then that's fine by me as long as there's a few pics at the end of the year. If you want to count any fish caught by your kids in a net then even better.

The rules are simple..
    Any species caught that do not grow bigger than a pound
    Caught this yeat
    Caught in UK waters

Tight(ish) lines
    Rob
    Last edited by theartist; 30-06-2019 at 19:09.

I’m reminded of the wonderful tv series, The Fishing Race, can you address us with the dulcet tones of Ian Wooldridge please Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    I’m reminded of the wonderful tv series, The Fishing Race, can you address us with the dulcet tones of Ian Wooldridge please Rob.
    Was the fishing race the programme years ago filmed all over the place. If it is I can remember a bit of Scandinavian fishing including somewhere the palace guards stopped them fishing. I can remember the British record Piranha from a tank in a seaside resort (Essex??)
    Or was it the Matt Hayes series?

I remember little of it but it was a must stay in to watch programme, before the days of Iplayer and recording. Can’t find anything on YouTube sadly.

A synopsis

“Fishing competition in which the aim was to catch the greatest number of different species of fish in a variety of locations. And it wasn't just the usual angling targets - competitors got to try their hand at catching everything from piranhas (at a usefully co-operative zoo) to goldfish in a garden pond.

The first series featured Dennis Darkin and John Darling, Brian Harris and Clive Gammon, and Ian Gillespie and Jim Gibbinson. The second series, set in Sweden, had as competitors Clive Gammon and Gareth Edwards (the Welsh rugby player), Kevin Linnane and Terry Eustace, Jim Gibbinson and Ian Gillespie. The prize for the winners was the Golden Maggot Trophy.”

I do remember the goldfish pond!

Nice idea, the only fish I caught yesterday was a Gudgeon . It looked as surprised as I did lol

Well, at least we won't have an argument about specially bred/fed introduced fish, or will we

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast