Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  58
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Shooting ban, could we next?

With the ban on shooting ‘pest’ birds by Natural England after giving in and bowing down to a challenge by environmentalists can we still consider that fishing will never be banned.
    Environmentalists / bunny huggers see things in different way when it comes to animals.
    Last edited by steve2; 27-04-2019 at 17:56.

Default Re: Shooting ban, could we next?

Don't give them ideas! Who knows the world has gone mad!

I think it's rather inevitable that they'll go for angling once they've won the easier battles. Hunting with dogs/foxhunting was first. Shooting is the ongoing battle (which isn't done with yet). I suspect they might have other targets before angling, but it'll be on their list.

An otherwise indifferent, increasingly urban, population is quite easily swayed.

Unfortunately and I said this years ago when fox hunting was banned, we should stand shoulder to shoulder with these people to stop this decay of social liberty
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    An otherwise indifferent, increasingly urban, population is quite easily swayed.
    Until rats and foxes destroy their bins, moles and badgers damage their manicured lawns, crows and magpies chase away the cute little **** and finches on their feeders , mink kill their free range hens and pet rabbit and gulls nest on the roofs! Then the hypocrites turn!

Angling is ultimately doomed and its just a question of timescale.

For the time being Hunting will always be ahead of us..however is angling for "sport" worse than hunting for "food" in the eyes of the general public ?

I have a feeling the answer is yes which could be very bad indeed for us.

Their already altering the licenses to shoot vermin in response to these idiots, hopefully we’ll see some sense from the Gov
    Not holding my breath though

Blog Entries

I'd like to know who is going to stop you,let's be honestly could go fishing on some rivers and not see a soul...

By the time angling is banned (Throw the huge sea fishing and fly fishing fraternity in as well) society would have already melted down to anarchy due to current so called ethical, many would argue hypocritical, political values trending in the major urban areas around the world.

Unless you have great grandchildren I wouldn't worry, and even then fishing would be mighty low down on the list of priorities when the population is so huge and so driven by monetary greed or racial division

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    I'd like to know who is going to stop you,let's be honestly could go fishing on some rivers and not see a soul...
    It's a fair point, but one that applies equally to foxhunting/hunting with dogs or shooting birds that were previously on the general licence.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast