Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which company makes the best accessories?

Excluding rods, bait, reels and line is there one company you consider makes good quality floats, swivels, adaptors generally, weights and other bits?

I like to use small quick snap swivels when float fishing with Cralusso my favourite brand. I have bought Drennan but consider the Cralusso to be better! I doubt there is one company we could use to the exclusion of all others.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which company makes the best accessories?

I tend to not stick to any one brand to be honest but for pole floats and bits and pieces I usually opt for Milo as it is tried and tested over a long period of time.

I have used Sensas split shot for many years in the smaller sizes and Anchor in the larger sizes, but also Stotz as well.

For other floats I tend to shop around as the quality seems to be much of a muchness between most manufacturers these days, but I do have a penchant for some of the craft floats from people like Cook, Lewis or Field.

Those are just my personal preferances but I will experiment if something new appeals . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Blog Entries

I'm afraid I can't get everything so will shop around between several companies,guru are very innovative and some items are brilliant,but Preston,Drennan and guru,are my main choices,I simply will not use decent kit,so sometimes expense has to be made.

There isn't a tackle company out there that is a jack of all trades and master of them too, even sponsored anglers have other gear which they don't get free and tend to keep quiet about

What is annoying is having to go to one shop for hooks and another for the shot you prefer

Plus having to make your own sticks as certain areas of the country barely stock them at all

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    Plus having to make your own sticks as certain areas of the country barely stock them at all
    Go on Rob explain! Are we talking bank sticks here?

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Go on Rob explain! Are we talking bank sticks here?
    What's a bank stick? lol I'm talking little balsa and wire thingies that'll be working well for them big roach and barbel in a couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    I'm afraid I can't get everything so will shop around between several companies,guru are very innovative and some items are brilliant,but Preston,Drennan and guru,are my main choices,I simply will not use decent kit,so sometimes expense has to be made.
    I tend to favour these brands for terminal tackle bits and bobs also. Predator stuff tends to be a lot of Savage Gear, and some carp stuff is ESP. To answer your question; I don't think I could use just one brand.

As others have said it is almost impossible to pin your flag to a single mast.

But when it comes to some of the larger luggage type accessories, I rarely look past Trakker who I think produce great products at a reasonable price point.

Drennan over the years has been the benchmark that the newer more trendy
    brands have tried to develop further imho.
    Preston, Guru, Korum etc are pretty much well established now too, Trakker I found make good camping equipment and clothing and NGT make sturdy low budget travel rods.
    I tend to like getting around specific bits of equipment and once my angling technique has accepted it or I get familiar with something I tend to stick with it, having to much bits distracts me somewhat and I have a hoard of bits I dont use nor can I sell on so minimal tried and tested boils down to Drennan (hooks bands line flouro braid bait boxes landing net pole etc etc... besides alot of one offs like from Amazon or Ebay cannot be replaced as well as the Drennan stuff, that has been my experience anyway.

I use a variety of terminal tackle from different manufacturers, one item I couldn’t do without, the Gemini clip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast