Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  57
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Women in Angling

With Kirsty doing a fine job of late editing, and our better halves sometimes on the bank with us, is there a better time for the promotion of more ladies fishing? Whats your thoughts?

Also found this page which is cool https://www.anglingtrust.net/page.as...l+Championship

Blog Entries

Default Re: Women in Angling

Since my wife and I had our autistic son,she hasn't fished,so over 19 years now sadly,I enjoyed that bit of banter that we had,she caught tench to 6lbs,carp to 8lbs and bream to 4,occasionally we go out for the day and I fish(usually my birthday),she lost the urge to fish,a bit like sex really lol...

Have/will you take your son fishing? Seems perfect for the family, that's the sort of thing commercials are great for

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Since my wife and I had our autistic son,she hasn't fished,so over 19 years now sadly,I enjoyed that bit of banter that we had,she caught tench to 6lbs,carp to 8lbs and bream to 4,occasionally we go out for the day and I fish(usually my birthday),she lost the urge to fish,a bit like sex really lol...
    So you mainly go on your own Alan, fishing that is, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Roberts View Post
    So you mainly go on your own Alan, fishing that is, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I reckon you've been looking...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    Have/will you take your son fishing? Seems perfect for the family, that's the sort of thing commercials are great for
    Rob,I have two sons,the autistic lad is interested in Thomas the tank and steam engines,likes horses too,the youngest isn't the slightest bit interested even though I've took him and he has caught 15 bream to 6lb(one day) and a tench and a small carp another,saddens me,a lot actually,as I'd love to show them the ropes and the joys of fishing...

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Rob,I have two sons,the autistic lad is interested in Thomas the tank and steam engines,likes horses too,the youngest isn't the slightest bit interested even though I've took him and he has caught 15 bream to 6lb(one day) and a tench and a small carp another,saddens me,a lot actually,as I'd love to show them the ropes and the joys of fishing...
    To be fair Thomas the Tank Engine is pretty cool too, its always a day out in the fresh air even if it's a picnic job, I've lost count of the big fish I've managed to catch when on said family adventure, it's amazing what happens when you just go with the flow, they'll remember those days in the sun in a few years
    Last edited by theartist; 06-05-2019 at 18:03.

I think it’s great to get anyone regardless of sex interested in fishing. I used to work with a lady she got divorced & eventually remarried to a mad keen angler. Now she fishes as much as him and beats him in most matches. With him complaining she usually steals his rigs Women in Angling. They really are a Wonderful couple
    I wish I could get mine interested in fishing or in fact anything I do (that’s another story)
    So yeah no matter your sex, gender or not in these confusing days of genders. It’s great to see anyone fishing.
    Can’t get my daughter interested at all, a few of my six sons fish on occasion but again very rarely and just borrow my kit.

My wife comes with me sometimes in the warmer months. She has caught carp over 20lbs, 7lb tench, crucians, nice roach, etc. Her favourite method is swingtipping, I set the rod up and she does the rest. I do everything I càn to distract her - she makes the tea, gets out the sarnies, etc but she still beats me! I put her success down to pheremones - I once asked her if I could put my boilies down her knickers - she didn't seem to keen on that idea?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peterjg View Post
    My wife comes with me sometimes in the warmer months. She has caught carp over 20lbs, 7lb tench, crucians, nice roach, etc. Her favourite method is swingtipping, I set the rod up and she does the rest. I do everything I càn to distract her - she makes the tea, gets out the sarnies, etc but she still beats me! I put her success down to pheremones - I once asked her if I could put my boilies down her knickers - she didn't seem to keen on that idea?!
    Don't be put off,you cant beat the fera'moans' ya knows...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast