Is this forum in danger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of my mispent youth was spent on the top deck of a Route Master and if I wasn’t on a bus I’d be on the tube, it was so cheap in London.

We got a shock when moving to Kent, the fayres are really high, thank goodness I’m now a pensioner with a bus pass.

Keith M

Reaction score
A lot of my mispent youth was spent on the top deck of a Route Master and if I wasn’t on a bus I’d be on the tube, it was so cheap in London

When I was on school holidays back in the 50s I used to occasionally have to spend a whole day on a London bus, because my dad was driving the number 52 bus and my mum was the conductress. I only had to do it 2 or 3 times mind.

Keith

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
I've been enjoying the public transport nostalgia, so here's my contribution. To get to school, I walked to a bus stop, took the bus to Chester station, took a train to Rock Ferry, swapped to an electric train to Birkenhead Central, walked from there to a bus stop and took another bus to the school. And the other way round at 4pm. Now, I live on a road where we're gridlocked at 8am and 3pm by the cars and taxis lined up to collect the apparently legless kids at the local school. I feel a bit sorry for them - my daily journey was a pain, but it gave plenty of space to hang out with your school friends and see the world a bit.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
My school trip of 11 miles switched from walking to the station then 10 miles by train with a mile walk at the other end to catching a bus from the same station to the school gates 11 miles away when the railway shut in 1972 - now finally reopen in 2018. We had a lot more fun on the train...

flightliner

Reaction score
AT primary school I walked uphill for a mile, sometimes in snow a foot deep in winter.
Going home was easy so we ran all the way , sometimes climbing down a high wall into the local grammar schools playing field where we would use the long jump and sandpit .
Always loved running even now but a bit harder these days but still do a bit.
Come sec mod it was four miles away in the old west riding of Yorkshire in a village setting.
At times I rode the bus and walked the last mile, again uphill but in nice weather I would leg it all the way.
Loved the cross country, allways in front the first three miles until I came to the village pond where there were guys I knew fishing so always stayed for a chat for ten minutes or so then set (back up the hill) off to arrive last.
The PE teacher knew I could do better but he never worked out what I did lol !

Last edited:

daniel121

Reaction score
of becoming a clique? A bit too safe maybe? Who gets to decide who stays or go!

In short mate no I don't think so, however I would guess it would have too depend on your definition of clique. If that's a tight group of friendly people who often know eachother in real life then - yes but in the real sense of a clique no.

Look this is how I see it, I agree almost 100% with Ray Roberts in post #7. Unfortunately I have a feeling he may well be taking about me in some way because I got involved with heavy political debate. Anyway to put cliques in context if you look else where in the fishing forum world you will see cliques where the moderating team and site owner forms part of said cliques, and this is when you end up with bullet proof members name calling, trouble causing and even openly boasting abou having 'diplomatic immunity'. Absolutely non of that happen's here, Peter and the guys do a first class job of keeping this site free of that unpleasant behaviour.

A few followed me over here, I took a break away while they got themselves banned or got board. Personally I think this forum is spot on as I've said in the past I'm glad it doesn't have sensitive topics up for debate, it helps keep the forum friendly and welcoming.

The bad one

Reaction score
When I walked the two miles to school I was skinny. Now I've got my bus pass I've gone fat. Moral is, bus passes make you fat!

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This forum is ok. I believe if you say nothing but non contraversial one liners you will be loved easily.
Just do not mention even when asked about **** or *** **** or ************ and just enjoy the banter. Never admit to not having a licence and let people who insult your methods of fishing have a dig and join in. When I get punched in the face, thrown in the river and get my tackle robbed I will put it up in "how did you get on" and hopefully garner what little respect I had before my ban. I actually like reading others posts and actually like the fact people on here know others by their real names. I would risk all my free fishing if I did that and I struggle to understand you guys for the best part and I suspect my sense of humor just doesnt cut it round here at all. But the forum is first class, the wine I am drinking tonight is not though. Goodnight

Last edited:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
In short mate no I don't think so, however I would guess it would have too depend on your definition of clique. If that's a tight group of friendly people who often know eachother in real life then - yes but in the real sense of a clique no.

Look this is how I see it, I agree almost 100% with Ray Roberts in post #7. Unfortunately I have a feeling he may well be taking about me in some way because I got involved with heavy political debate. Anyway to put cliques in context if you look else where in the fishing forum world you will see cliques where the moderating team and site owner forms part of said cliques, and this is when you end up with bullet proof members name calling, trouble causing and even openly boasting abou having 'diplomatic immunity'. Absolutely non of that happen's here, Peter and the guys do a first class job of keeping this site free of that unpleasant behaviour.

A few followed me over here, I took a break away while they got themselves banned or got board. Personally I think this forum is spot on as I've said in the past I'm glad it doesn't have sensitive topics up for debate, it helps keep the forum friendly and welcoming.

I don’t think I know you mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
When I walked the two miles to school I was skinny. Now I've got my bus pass I've gone fat. Moral is, bus passes make you fat!

The moral is,don't eat too many bus passes...

I think we are all guilty of the misinterpretation of others posts at times,similar could be said about people who don't realise how someone can read posts we have made,sometimes a step back,with a good pinch of salt,just to understand the rights of others to have opinions of they're own,whether we agree with them or not.

mikench

Reaction score
I think we are all guilty of the misinterpretation of others posts at times,similar could be said about people who don't realise how someone can read posts we have made,sometimes a step back,with a good pinch of salt,just to understand the rights of others to have opinions of they're own,whether we agree with them or not.

What do you mean by that Alan ? What are you getting at?:rolleyes: How's the rod?:):)

Boatfisher10

Reaction score
I think maybe it is I put a post up this morning saying I wanted to take some disabled people on a boat holiday to Norway fishing and mostly to my expense and the post was taken down within a hour I don't think that was very nice to someone who was trying to do some good instead of bad.

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Censorship and popularity of opinion trumps freedom of speech I'm afraid, it is not neccessarily that you have to break any forum rules to get a post deleted but moderators seem to have to act on popularity of opinion first and foremost (in my case it was enough people including the admin reporting a post I made regarding an on topic viewpoint that only I shared on the forum). It was not because I broke any forum rules because I checked and asked the admin to clarify this. If someone had an unpopular viewpoint on a topic that was close to the hearts of a majority then the offense caused is not given over to its truth or priority of a well reasoned debate, even when something is a fact and proven to be true.....it all comes down to who has the authority to delete a post or ban the poster and remain with the support of the majority. China is doing quite well using this method but I do not believe the intentions behind someones posts always met properly by sensitive people who fear anything they do not fully understand. Face fits or it doesnt I guess, it is all subjective unless tempered by reason.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Weirdoh there has to be censorship of sorts,there also has to be rules and as you personally took it upon yourself to start a crusade against the basic laws/rules within fishing and this forum from your very first post,causing upset,not debating sensibly,then your status as a probable troll is now written in stone,I for one hope you prove people wrong and become a useful member of this forum,as you seem to have decent knowledge of our sport...

Reaction score
I think maybe it is I put a post up this morning saying I wanted to take some disabled people on a boat holiday to Norway fishing and mostly to my expense and the post was taken down within a hour I don't think that was very nice to someone who was trying to do some good instead of bad.

Having not seen your post Boatfisher I wouldn't know why it was removed,have you contacted admin,at least asking for clarification of why it was deleted? You must remember that although you personally are doing this for the good reasons,there are people out there preying on the disabled and old people of our country and FM may be safeguarding itself,I'm just guessing mind,hope it goes well for your venture Alan....

Last edited:

Reaction score
What do you mean by that Alan ? What are you getting at?:rolleyes: How's the rod?:):)

Haven't been Mike,haven't felt well enough,hopefully the rod is ok in the holdall and awaiting further misuse....;)

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score

I cannot see a trace of your post.
Which forum did you post it in, and when?