Is this forum in danger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yet another weird first time poster.

Why not come an introduce yourself Boathouse? Tell us a bit about yourself, I’m sure you’ll receive a very warm welcome.

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Weirdoh there has to be censorship of sorts,there also has to be rules and as you personally took it upon yourself to start a crusade against the basic laws/rules within fishing and this forum from your very first post,causing upset,not debating sensibly,then your status as a probable troll is now written in stone,I for one hope you prove people wrong and become a useful member of this forum,as you seem to have decent knowledge of our sport...

I agree we all need to help eachother but I am only stating a fact here, someone can be seen as a troll purely for defending a viewpoint against multiple people who are simply not used to it as the forum enjoys popularity of opinion. I been respectful AND within the forums own specified rules all the time (I give as good as I get) but my ability to defend myself and my opinions were curtailed swiftly by censorship only.

Calling someone a troll just because you do not like them is not going to show any depth to your understanding of that person....it is basically at best childish name calling at worst... a blanket word like racist or sexist, all terms like this are simply used to stiffle debates where the truth is seemed to be strong on the opposing viewpoint. All I did was state I did not need a license to fish where I do have permission and remain LAWFUL and the second thing was stating what part of society I deem the biggest threat to young children in the UK (which I was showing was shared by our Muslim population here and was already available to read in a widely distributed and nationally accepted form of media prior to my opinion being expressed).
Popularity must be the second casualty after the truth when it comes to censorship, that was all I was really saying. But I agree with you on the greater scheme of things.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I think maybe it is I put a post up this morning saying I wanted to take some disabled people on a boat holiday to Norway fishing and mostly to my expense and the post was taken down within a hour I don't think that was very nice to someone who was trying to do some good instead of bad.

Your post is given the no 1 ie your first post so if it is supposed to be your second then your first has never been posted! Personally if you have genuine altruistic intent to help disabled people to go sea fishing then this forum is an inappropriate venue. I don't wish to be perjorative but people and boats are potentially dangerous and a trip from Scotland to Norway is fraught with potential dangers unless you have a very big boat.

I suggest you contact social services in your area or charities for the disabled and discuss your plans with them. I hope you plan more than a jaunt in a rib across the sea. I can foresee many obstacles in your path such as wheelchair access, a suitable boat, lifesaving equipment, radio, expertise and sea craft being just a few. Health and safety requirements will be enhanced considerably.

Finally I know nothing at all about you save that you have alledgedly made a post somewhere on a forum you have just joined and then enter a critical discussion about said forum in your second. If I knew someone who was disabled and who might be interested I would want to know an awful lot more about you and your backup and equipment before even considering such an adventure .

Weirdoh your comments are lamentable in this context. This is not about free speech or censorship and my analysis , I feel, demonstrates that the Op's original post was never made.

Last edited:

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lamentable is subjective to your own opinion based upon what rules you live by, but do I have a continued freedom to post here and not be ganged up on or censored everytime I give reasons for why I hold the opinions I do? I doubt it.
The post regarding the sea fishing with people who have disability has been met with the benefit of doubt that it is not welcomed here or perhaps not even genuine and I was highlighting that that is exactly what should be expected on this forum in this present time. All depends clearly on someone elses judgement of anothers motives...which are subjective unless allowed to be fully understood or reasoned properly. People like to put words in someone elses mouth without giving that person anytime to explain, defend or give reason to something themselves, I think that is a fair comment (even if deemed "trolling"). I hope that is not offensive or insensitive to you or the forum ok? :)

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
You do have free speech and are free to post on this forum but there are rules and provided you stay within them your posts will be given the attention they deserve?

The poster offering a sea fishing trip to Norway is misguided to post on here in the first place as an anonymous person. If he or she feel that a forum such as this is a sensible source of disabled people who might wish to participate, then he or she should have introduced themselves , their carefully thought out plans, the fully equipped boat they intend to utilise, the safety precautions they have put in place, how the trip would be organised ie the ratio of carers and firstaiders to passengers, the insurance, clearance from the coastguard ,if required, to name but a few.

As it is , credibility has been lost by not doing so and entering into a discussion potentially critical of the forum as a whole as a first post. As Amundsen said There is no such thing as an adventure simply bad planning.

Maybe the original post which has never been posted did provide all of the above and if it did then I apologise to the person who posted above! I would have thought the original post should have been a new thread within the sea fishing forum but who knows where it was posted if at all. I find the post he or she made above to be potentially mischievous and certainly inappropriate . I have nothing further to add.

Last edited:

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You do have free speech and are free to post on this forum but ....

All I sought to show is where "freedom" has been redefined by the Admin or collective reports on posts using moderation protocol or rules that are not set in stone or defined at all by the forums own guidelines for members.
Basically you are free to talk about ANYTHING on this forum ie Baitbox.... as long as it is expressed in tandem with the poularity of those who have freedom to report you in majority oposition (while both still remain within forum rules).
That is freedom with limitations and restrictions. The latter is censorship "ban him" lol.
Hence freedom here is redefined..because you are either free to do something....or you are not. That was all I had to say.....except I got banned for 1 week. Only saying.
We should go fishing :)

Last edited:

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Boatfisher, I'm not sure what happened with this post as I can't see a post having been deleted, and I certainly didn't delete it. I've messaged you asking for more information but you haven't responded.
Are you sure it posted when you submitted it - did you see it go live and then get deleted?

I think maybe it is I put a post up this morning saying I wanted to take some disabled people on a boat holiday to Norway fishing and mostly to my expense and the post was taken down within a hour I don't think that was very nice to someone who was trying to do some good instead of bad.

mikench

Reaction score
I must admit to feeling somewhat bemused and perturbed by the attention a one post member is receiving to a post nobody has seen, which may never have existed and which clearly has not been posted, about an issue which is not really appropriate for a forum such as this and which could not be advocated or supported in the interests of health and safety.

It's a pity the same level of concern has not been shown to longstanding and regular posters who are known to actually exist, be what they portray to be and who contribute greatly to the forum and its members. I can name names but you probably already know who they are.

Might I suggest that Boatfisher10 provide you with some credentials before he posts again. See my comments above in posts 43 and 45. He appears to have quickly garnered support from a recently barred member who likes to promote free speech, the abuse of the rule of law and ignores the t&c's on FM.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Boatfisher, I'm not sure what happened with this post as I can't see a post having been deleted, and I certainly didn't delete it. I've messaged you asking for more information but you haven't responded.
Are you sure it posted when you submitted it - did you see it go live and then get deleted?

I asked the same questions yesterday as I had not seen this post and also that none of the moderators had deleted it . . . .

According to the OPs profile he is reading this thread as we speak, so maybe he can answer?

Philip

Reaction score
which is not really appropriate for a forum such as this and which could not be advocated or supported in the interests of health and safety.

Do we actually expect a fishing web site & its staff to all somehow be geared up to in the legal intricacies of H&S matters so that they can somehow filter out potential H&S issues in posts ? What next ..should we start throwing the GDPR book at them as well ?

What a load of rubbish. I suspect most people come to a fishing web site to get away from the BS of the everyday world & chat about fishing & not worry about things like H&S ...”Hi all , I went fishing today, the bank was wet therefore I followed the government guidelines GOV-H&S-0042 to ensure I was not putting myself or others in danger at the waterside”

If posters want to start arguing the toss about the legalities of web site T&Cs & how it should apply to each post then perhaps they would be better off going to a legal chat forum or start a thread on bait box about it which is easier to ignore.

Last edited:

Boatfisher10

Reaction score
Well I will be replying to the post I have a hospital appointment this afternoon but this evening I will be back to have my say.

Keith M

Reaction score
All I did was state I did not need a license to fish where I do have permission and remain LAWFUL

Weirdoh, I believe that unless you are fishing in somewhere outside of England or are sea fishing or for some strange reason have a ‘special’ dispensation it is still illegal to fish using a rod and line in any private or public water unless you have a ‘rod licence’ and it doesn’t matter whether you have permission or not to fish a water using a rod & Line. if you do not have a Rod Licence and you are using a rod & line then you are not fishing lawfully and can be taken to a court and be fined; even if it’s in someone’s garden pond it doesn’t really matter.

It’s a ‘rod’ licence not a fishing licence (similar to a Gun licence) although you are still allowed to own a rod without having a rod licence as long as you do not use it (or even carry it made up anywhere near a water).

So if this is correct surely you can see why people object to you blatantly spurting on about how you don’t need a licence to fish somewhere because you have the fishery owners permission, and inferring that you must be a fool to buy one.

Private and club owned fishing rights:
My understanding is that Poaching on a private water including a water where fishing rights have been sold or given to a club (or another controlling body) is classed by the law as ‘the stealing of fishing rights’ and can also get you in trouble with the law even if you are not found fishing red handed, even if the poacher does have a valid ‘Rod Licence’.

Of course the owner could have come to an agreement with the club to allow guests of the owner to fish occasionally and that would be a different matter of course.

However the fishery owner and his guests plus everyone else would still need to have a ‘Rod Licence’ as well.

Keith

Last edited:

Reaction score
I agree we all need to help eachother but I am only stating a fact here, someone can be seen as a troll purely for defending a viewpoint against multiple people who are simply not used to it as the forum enjoys popularity of opinion. I been respectful AND within the forums own specified rules all the time (I give as good as I get) but my ability to defend myself and my opinions were curtailed swiftly by censorship only.

Calling someone a troll just because you do not like them is not going to show any depth to your understanding of that person....it is basically at best childish name calling at worst... a blanket word like racist or sexist, all terms like this are simply used to stiffle debates where the truth is seemed to be strong on the opposing viewpoint. All I did was state I did not need a license to fish where I do have permission and remain LAWFUL and the second thing was stating what part of society I deem the biggest threat to young children in the UK (which I was showing was shared by our Muslim population here and was already available to read in a widely distributed and nationally accepted form of media prior to my opinion being expressed).
Popularity must be the second casualty after the truth when it comes to censorship, that was all I was really saying. But I agree with you on the greater scheme of things.

I do not know you,so I certainly do not dislike you,I can state however I do dislike the way you posted on several threads and as I don't think I'm alone in that view,you could well be in the minority on this forum,I voice my opinion in as tactfully as possible(often not tactful enough),if you yourself looked at it from our point of view,you may agree,we've had our share of trolls and the signs are there,rightly or wrongly....

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Weirdoh, I believe that unless you are fishing in somewhere outside of England or are sea fishing or for some strange reason have a ‘special’ dispensation it is still illegal to fish using a rod and line in any private or public water and it doesn’t matter whether you have permission or not to fish a water using a rod & Line. if you do not have a Rod Licence and you are using a rod & line then you are not fishing lawfully and can be taken to a court and be fined; even if it’s in someone’s garden pond it doesn’t really matter.

It’s a ‘rod’ licence not a fishing licence (similar to a Gun licence) although you are still allowed to own a rod without having a rod licence as long as you do not use it (or even carry it made up anywhere near a water).

So if this is correct surely you can see why people object to you blatantly spurting on about how you don’t need a licence to fish somewhere because you have the fishery owners permission, and inferring that you must be a fool to buy one.

Poaching on a water where fishing rights have been sold or given to a club (or another controlling body) is classed by the law as the stealing of fishing rights and can also get you in trouble with the law even if you are not found fishing red handed.
Of course the owner could have come to an agreement with the club to allow the owners guests to fish occasionally and that would be a different matter of course.

Keith

If you haven’t already, read this “Richards” post in the plonker thread, most probably pure fantasy but if it isn’t, it goes some way to condemning him as an illegal angler and/or poacher.

Reaction score
If you haven’t already, read this “Richards” post in the plonker thread, most probably pure fantasy but if it isn’t, it goes some way to condemning him as an illegal angler and/or poacher.

Mmmmmm,I wonder if he pre-baited with that post,sure to get a nibble,how does that song go,'I'm a troll,foley-roll,I'm a troll,foley-roll,going to eat you for my supper',lol...

Boatfisher10

Reaction score
Ok I'm going to explain myself not that I should have to do so . I'm 71 years of age and also disabled and have been going fishing to the camp in Norway for years and they know the score and help all I can and I thought this year I would offer for another two disabled people to come with me and also pay a good part of their cost and as I said I know all the problems that there could be and the post said partly disabled.
Last year we caught quite a few double figure cod and lots of big haddock to bring back with me.
I don't really see what all the rants are about and being called a troll.
I'm not going to explain myself anymore I rest my case.
It seems to me that there are too many sad people on this site.
This offer is open to any disabled person for the next few months I can you that you will have a great trip the accommodation is great and with a bit of luck the fishing will also be good but you all know there is no telling with fishing from one year or the other.
My other half won't let me go on my own this year unless I can get a few guy's to go with me for company you can also bring fish back if you feel like filleting the fish we are allocated a freezer for our stay.
So come on guy's give this a go and if nobody get's in touch I'm going to open up the offer for anyone to go.
I would prefer to take some guy's that have never had the chance to go.

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand your comments but it still doesn’t clear up the mystery of what happened to your post.

Neither Admin nor the moderators were responsible for removing it, so there is the possibility that you didn’t complete the post.

Which forum did you post it to?

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Weirdoh, I believe that unless you are fishing in somewhere outside of England or are sea fishing or for some strange reason have a ‘special’ dispensation it is still illegal to fish using a rod and line in any private or public water unless you have a ‘rod licence’ and it doesn’t matter whether you have permission or not to fish a water using a rod & Line. if you do not have a Rod Licence and you are using a rod & line then you are not fishing lawfully and can be taken to a court and be fined; even if it’s in someone’s garden pond it doesn’t really matter.

Private and club owned fishing rights:
My understanding is that Poaching on a private water including a water where fishing rights have been sold or given to a club (or another controlling body) is classed by the law as ‘the stealing of fishing rights’ and can also get you in trouble with the law even if you are not found fishing red handed, even if the poacher does have a valid ‘Rod Licence’.

Of course the owner could have come to an agreement with the club to allow guests of the owner to fish occasionally and that would be a different matter of course.

However the fishery owner and his guests plus everyone else would still need to have a ‘Rod Licence’ as well.

Keith

Hmmmm that is strange, I have been off the venue I have been fishing today only a few hours ago and only had to pay for use of the water (2 rods mainly a Carp and Tench venue, barbless hooks, fully insured AND cctv) and did not need a nor was I asked to provide a government license...I did however pay someone to use his land, bizzare I know but yeah that was a few hours ago. Same with the 20+ rivers I fish....never been asked to provide a license, very odd indeed, this all happening in the UK (England).
What crime/s do you assert I was commiting and to whom?
Sounds like you are familiar with bearing false witness, unless of course your now going to state with full commercial liability WHO the injured party is? The land owner accepted my payment and I caught and put back his fish....I doubt he is going to make a civil complaint or have me arrested....I will be back next week :)

Last edited:

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Ah! So you believe "pure fantasy" is evidence to convict someone.
By your own standards big Richard you might as well show us how you feed maggots.

Last edited: