Is this forum in danger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No, seems very tolerant to me, too much so at the moment!

mikench

Reaction score
A difficult question to answer! We live in a society where freedom of speech is much curtailed by the use of perjorative descriptions! To criticise a group, act or activity is immediately castigated as being anti Semitic, racist, misogynist, homophobic, xenophobic and so on. These terms are used as a sword and not as a shield.

In truth this problem does not rear its head within non fishing threads! Nobody is accused of being anti- Shimano, or anti Daiwa in any perjorative sense as opinions about kit and tactics are precisely that, mere opinion. It's when a forum allows, indeed promotes, discussion on non fishing matters( admittedly within strict parameters) that problems arise!

I like the forum in its entirety and like to participate in both fishing and non fishing threads. Others prefer to just post on fishing matters. We all have a choice and can participate in a thread or to ignore it. The same choices apply to posters and the forum allows one to block the posts from posters one doesn't like.

To answer your question we seem to tolerate some posters who are clearly trolls and not those who are opinionated but genuine anglers expressing a view. I consider that the levels of moderation are good and my only criticism is that long standing members and posters who may stray from the perceived safe course on occasion, are not given sufficient latitude.

Not all of us have a way with words like what I do:rolleyes:

Last edited:

theartist

Reaction score
of becoming a clique? A bit too safe maybe? Who gets to decide who stays or go!

No, No, and Fish and fly

It's their minibus and if you pi55 on the windows you get kicked off, If you mildly urinate on the seat by accident you get warned or told to get on the bus next time a few stops down. If you feel you didn't release any liquid whilst in transit then you have the right to leave and get someone else's bus. The passengers can still dictate the direction of the bus but it's at the discretion of the driver.

Some buses have no rules some have too many, on the night bus everybody shouts and anything goes, it isn't a pleasant place and it often has the same people on it who have nowhere to go. The fishing bus is going fishing, that's the main thing, anyone can get on the fishing bus but don't upset the driver

mikench

Reaction score
But if the driver is going the wrong way or driving dangerously one is entitled to say so and I for one would do so.

theartist

Reaction score
But if the driver is going the wrong way or driving dangerously one is entitled to say so and I for one would do so.

The driver in this case is the forum owners/mods and they are very unlikely to go the wrong way, they may stay far too middle of the road for many but it's in their interest not to scratch any other cars either through their actions or that of their passengers

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I’ve been a member of another forum where political topics were allowed and they ended up ruining it. Where previously everyone rubbed along very well the Brexit situation dominated and caused serious rifts between people who were previously friends and friends in the personal sense not just on a forum. I would hate to see this site go the same way and I think the mods on here do a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
Rob your bus analogy may have not have broken down but it's reached the end of the road.
I like this forum just as it is and consider the mods do a potentially difficult job very well and they should be left to do it

I remain sceptical about all editorials in the newspapers as they lean towards the political persuasion of the journal and sometimes the writer! Editors should pass their views onto their writers for dissemination and not publicly to avoid misinterpretation and the perception that what I say goes!

If you don't like a comment or viewpoint ignore it or put forward your own; it's called debate.

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
I’ve been a member of another forum where political topics were allowed and they ended up ruining it. Where previously everyone rubbed along very well the Brexit situation dominated and caused serious rifts between people who were previously friends and friends in the personal sense not just on a forum. I would hate to see this site go the same way and I think the mods on here do a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that was certainly a very dark period Ray - something that should never have happened did.........

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When you see one of the main bus drivers frothing at the mouth you know it is the right time to get off the bus.

No wonder Binka got off a few stops back.

This is my Stop and and I won't get back on until they change the driver (or until she gets medical treatment).

mikench

Reaction score
You'll soon get back on Ian and I hope so! You have continued the analogy wonderfully! :)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Pretty much the same, I’ve had my bus/underground pass for 10 years now (as they used to issue them at 60) and used it once. I needed to go to Notting Hill soon after getting it and thought I might let the train take the strain and save a small fortune on highway robbery, aka parking fees. Got to White City and they turfed me off as that was ‘the end of the line’ – the bu99ers were on strike and I was directed to a queue of some 200m long for a bus to continue the journey. I walked – first and last time I used it................

mikench

Reaction score
I wonder what the man on the Clapham omnibus would think. ?

Anyway keep up the puns Rob they are just the ticket.

theartist

Reaction score
I wonder what the man on the Clapham omnibus would think. ?

Anyway keep up the puns Rob they are just the ticket.

I'm not going to rise to this bus talk nonsense or indeed do any puns, i'm intending to conducter myself in the usual manner