Putting the magic back into fishing!

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Read post 37. Twice.

I did and It goes nowhere in explaining WHY I need to have a card on my person to engage in a hobby that causes no harm or loss or provokes anyone to report my activity as criminal.
Also...
... He is going to the pub and his law degree is old school ...

Yes, well...

You MUST have a license but no one can explain WHY.

MontyMontgomerey....the EA sketch...

WHY?
because they say so....
NEVER NEEDED ONE...
thats because your a criminal...
PROVE IT!....
i cant :(....i will join the others who couldnt...
FAIL.:)

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
I did and It goes nowhere in explaining WHY I need to have a card on my person to engage in a hobby that causes no harm or loss or provokes anyone to report my activity as criminal.
Also...
... He is going to the pub and his law degree is old school ...

Yes, well...

You MUST have a license but no one can explain WHY.

WHY?
because they say so....
NEVER NEEDED ONE...
thats because your a criminal...
PROVE IT!....
i cant :(....i will join the others who couldnt...
YOU ALREADY DID....

Read it again, then. Focus hard on the bit about "Why". You may be shocked to hear it, but the law doesn't have to prove itself to you. When you get done for no license, it's not a debate.

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kev, I ask again, why would you risk your life jumping into a river in the dead of night to evade the police? The troll has requested I stick to the truth, he doesn’t know the meaning of the word.

?? Anything to add to criminals being named due to their convictions?
No I didn't think so either....

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Read it again, then. Focus hard on the bit about "Why". You may be shocked to hear it, but the law doesn't have to prove itself to you. When you get done for no license, it's not a debate.

When? You seem confident on the assumptives, now your getting a little ahead of yourself. The law is moot unless it is enforced properly.
If you have proof of a crime having been committed and are a witness to that crime you have the duty to report it. You can call me a criminal all day long but you would lack evidence of any crime having been committed unless your saying I have harmed you since I joined FM?.
Innocent until proven guilty by a jury of my peers. Are you my accuser?
Anything else is false witness, but you knew that right?

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
You make some great arguments Weirdoh but wrong target audience. I suggest you call the EA tell them your fishing without a license and have no intention of getting one and I am sure they will be all ears as to your reasons why.

Let us know how you get on :thumbs:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You make some great arguments Weirdoh but wrong target audience. I suggest you call the EA tell them your fishing without a license and have no intention of getting one and I am sure they will be all ears as to your reasons why.

I was thinking of stating exactly that. It’s the sure way the troll could prove that he is right and everybody else is wrong.

I wonder when found guilty he’d refuse to accept the decision and and opt for a jail sentence rather than pay the approx £600 fine that most dodgers seem to get.

nottskev

Reaction score
When? You seem confident on the assumptives, now your getting a little ahead of yourself. The law is moot unless it is enforced properly.
If you have proof of a crime having been committed and are a witness to that crime you have the duty to report it. You can call me a criminal all day long but you would lack evidence of any crime having been committed unless your saying I have harmed you since I joined FM?.
Innocent until proven guilty by a jury of my peers. Are you my accuser?
Anything else is false witness, but you knew that right?

Paranoid ramblings. When the EA bailiff.....I'm speaking slowly.... asks you for your license, one day when you're fishing, and you don't have one, you will be prosecuted, like all the other people they have found fishing without a license. You can tell them you don't need a license and deny doing any harm, but they won't care what you say. If you don't or won't understand that, I can't help you further. Anything else is a figment of your imagination.

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Yes, perhaps we could both try it. Share the treasure?
Besides...Nemo judex in causa sua :thumbs:

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Good man ! ….Heres the EA hot line Weirdo & 24 hour too you lucky fellow. Why dont you call it right now and leave your contact details and brief message. ...Dont forget to update us in the morning !

Environme nt incident hotline

Telephone (24 hour service)
0800 80 70 60

Bonne Chance Mon Ami :cheer2:

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No paranoia here. It isn't me who needs to pay the bully because he cannot otherwise think for himself or stand up for his rights, you only pay because you don't enjoy looking over your shoulder incase someone demands your dinner money :thumbs:

Philip

Reaction score
Good point. I agree.

Did you call the EA yet ? ....

Environment incident hotline
0800 80 70 60

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good man ! ….Heres the EA hot line Weirdo & 24 hour too you lucky fellow. Why dont you call it right now and leave your contact details and brief message. ...Dont forget to update us in the morning !

Environme nt incident hotline

0800 80 70 60

Bonne Chance Mon Ami :cheer2:

Don't you want me to actually be fishing (with a wet line) at the moment I call them? Not much point learning the theory without the practice:cheer2:
Failing that can I borrow your phone? There's a good lad.

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
No I dont think it really matters ...wet, dry I am sure they wont mind. Have you called them yet ?

0800 80 70 60

...& no, use your own phone you can pay for the call with the money you saved on the license.

Last edited:

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No I dont think it really matters ...wet, dry I am sure they wont mind. Have you called them yet ?

0800 80 70 60

...& no, use your own phone you can pay for the call with the money you saved on the license.

No, have you? :thumbs: You have a license but that shouldn't stop you reporting my alleged crime of not having a license, don't delay! Get your evidence in quick! Secure the crime scene and ring that number (you must know it off by heart now). Do you have my description so you can report the incident? Phone calls are a bit faceless but dont let that put you off your duty! Citizens arrest LOL :thumbs:

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Ah you flatter me but I cannot possibly argue the case for not having a license as well as you. Just look at the many and numerous posts you have enthusiastically made on the subject. You are the man !

Have you called them yet ?

0800 80 70 60

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ah you flatter me but I cannot possibly argue the case for not having a license as well as you. Just look at the many and numerous posts you have enthusiastically made on the subject. You are the man !

0800 80 70 60

Me the man? I was awarded titles, poacher, a criminal and a internet troll, your flattery is unsurpassed.

I have no incident or crime to report, unless you do? It does say incident hotline.....Get your moneys worth, go on Phillip and get them to do something! It is free to call them and your potentially turning a blind eye to my alleged criminal activity, which I need you to witness, togetherxwe could ensure it is not recieved as a prank call.
will you not help me? A fellow fisherman? You have the phone and hotline number and I have no license.....should be a doddle.

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Your over worrying about it. I am sure they will direct your message to the right department.
The whole point is for you to argue the case with them for anglers not needing a license as you have so successfully argued it on this thread.

0800 80 70 60

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Your over worrying about it. I am sure they will direct your message to the right department.
The whole point is for you to argue the case with them for anglers not needing a license as you have so successfully argued it on this thread.

0800 80 70 60

The phoneline you keep posting is clearly defined for reporting incidents though or is "incident" cryptic of "general enquiries". As a license holder your in the best position to know what one is as your paid allegiences prove.
No worries my end Phillip.My fishing is 100% free of incidents, so it seems I will save on both a license AND a phonecall. RESULT!!
Unless you need me to report an incident for you? Or perhaps a crime... 999 would get you through straight away :thumbs: Don't be shy now.

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
You seem awfully focused on the phone number. I really don't think it matters but ok, look, heres the general enquiries ..I am sure they will put you through to the right people to discuss all your fantastic reasons why you don’t need a license that you have argued so vociferously & successfully on this thread.

...Now you can argue about it with the people who can actually do something about it. Call it a community service to your fellow anglers:clap2:

Contact EA
General enquiries
Telephone
03708 506 506

Last edited: