Rod I.D. please

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
An old mate is clearing out his loft and has a lot of tackle going way back that he wants rid of, most of it has minimal value but I didn’t want to write this rod off before checking , anyone recognise it?

VeLqxMN.jpg

Last edited:

Reaction score
I was expecting something like is on 'question of sports' mystery persons round when I was this picture,lol,you know,where they look at them from obscure angles and viewpoints. Anyway back to subject,no mate I can't identify it,I take it reading the plate on it,it is a 13fter? Maybe an email to Daiwa wouldn't go amiss,the number means little to us,but historically should to them.

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I suppose what I should have said is, has it any value?

John Keane

Reaction score
There are those that revel in fishing with old, floppy, heavy rods and reels without line rollers and terrible drags. Could be a great find for one of these dinosaurs. Stick it on eBay, Collection Only, and see if it goes?

lambert1

Reaction score
It is very similar to a combination rod outfit I had back in the 70s. One of those jack of all trade and master of none type things. The top eye should be threaded for a swing tip. I doubt that it would have much value though. Daiwa were not a big name back then and if the rod rings are anything like they were on mine it had a very cheap feel. Bit like the first Datsuns really!