Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Only gone & snapped my Acolyte Plus ...

Read about it, never thought it would happen to me.

Just tackling up in the garden, pulling line through the rings from my pin & snap!, in two places at the tip
    Cant say how far round I was bending the tip as having done this numerous times with numerous rods I wasn't looking.
    Any feedback on Drennans approach to replacing or is it my fault ???
    I did actually buy it from my local tackle shop (to support them) so will go in Saturday & see when I stand.

Default Re: Only gone & snapped my Acolyte Plus ...

Your outcome will depend to a degree on the relationship between your tackle shop and Drennan, seems a bit hit and miss from the accounts I have read. I was lucky and got my top section replaced foc.

Not heard of one snapping in two places before.

Blog Entries

Strictly speaking it is your own fault and no one else bears any responsibility for replacing the section. It could be, and I hope so for your sake, that Drennan had extra tip sections made up expecting accidents so you may get one, but expect to pay for it.

DEF: Acolyte - an assistant or helper. (Not very helpful on this occasion eh? Sorry.)
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

The same thing happened to me, but only in one place. They replaced it foc

How long have you had it?

Blog Entries

I believe that is the issue,if out of warranty no chance....

Blog Entries

It's a great shame about the acolytes, pick one up and it's like a feather to hold and handle but so many stories of breakages for little or no apparent reason are offputting.
    I'd like one myself but I fear I would possibly end up regretting it.
    I wonder why they seem so susceptible, I hear several reasons why , maybe technology needs a little more advancement ?

I will see what my tackle shop says, its worth asking. I have had it for about 18 months so out of warranty I would think.
    I'm wondering now what the cost would be ? - Im not going to make up some story about I was just slightly waggling it ....
    Also curious why they dont do a 12' plus ? as I am favouring shorter rods these days

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shane99 View Post
    I will see what my tackle shop says, its worth asking. I have had it for about 18 months so out of warranty I would think.
    I'm wondering now what the cost would be ? - Im not going to make up some story about I was just slightly waggling it ....
    Also curious why they dont do a 12' plus ? as I am favouring shorter rods these days
    They probably snap more easily at 12ft,fingers crossed for you mate...

I can feel your disappointment and can only hope this gets sorted in a favourable way.
    I wonder how much use can a fishing rod actually get in 18months and would like to think this could be taken into consideration.

I would think in 18 months you must have used it a few times (even 1 time per month is 18) and caught fish on it. So the tip has been bent umpteen times with no problems. So very, very unlikely to be any inherent fault otherwise you wouldn't have been able to use it. For it to be pulled round and snap in 2 places seems, to me, that it was simply pulled around too far or it has been knocked/damaged at some time prior (taken made up ?) and that's the result. Personally I wouldn't expect the shop to do anything other than to order me a new section.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast