Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What to do on a rainy day (Blue Peter inspired)

Can you pick up local radio on it..................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Quote Originally Posted by barbelboi View Post
    Can you pick up local radio on it..................
    I’d be more worried about picking up the local substation when riding under a pylon ! It’d be like a dodgem

S63. Great idea. As barbelboi says you could pick up local radio maybe this:

Just don't ride out in a thunderstorm. Pete.
    Casternets

Nice Brompton !

Quote Originally Posted by bennygesserit View Post
    Nice Brompton !
    Thank you, I’ve had a Brompton for the best part of thirty years now, needed one in London as it was the only way not to have your bike nicked, never chained up, goes everywhere with you.

I lived less than a mile from the Brompton factory in Brentford, not only is the Brompton a brilliant piece of British engineering, the staff were so helpful and accommodating and didn’t mind you popping in even with the most minor of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    Thank you, had a Brompton for the best part of thirty years now, needed one in London as it was the only way not to have your bike nicked, never chained up, goes everywhere with you.

I lived less than a mile from the Brompton factory in Brentford, not only is the Brompton a brilliant piece of British engineering, the staff were so helpful and accomadating and didn’t mind you popping in even with the most minor of problems.
    This guy used to be in my team stocksy.co.uk - Cycling - 3rd Brompton World Championship 2008 he used to keep it under his desk

Am I being an idiot or is this thread a wind up I really cant be sure , I normally cable tie my stuff to the cross bar

No, not a wind up at all, there’s no way my rather expensive bass rod would be cable tied to my cross bar, it would be sure to end in tears.

What I do is velcro wrap the rod to the main horizonal bar of the bike frame with the handle forwards and the tip pointing backwards out from the back of the bike so your sort of peddling your legs over it.

The drain pipe is a good idea but I would feel a bit conspicuous with it poking up in the air. For things like canal towpaths where you fishing one spot then want to move quicky to the next one without having to break down or attach the rod to anything it would seem spot on.
    Last edited by Philip; 12-06-2019 at 22:10.

Blog Entries

Rather ironic there are two threads running in this section about broken rods

I thought about getting a bike for exploring the canal round here, wish I had kept hold of my old post office one, sadly my old post office knees remind me a bike may not be such a good idea.

Good luck to those who do it though, sounds like a lot of ground is gonna get covered and a whole lot of adventure lies ahead

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast