Favourite presenter on youtube

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been watching fish locker on you tube and although I've done quite a bit of sea fishing in the past,it's not for a fair while now,I find his method of doing his videos excellent,I didn't know he was on FM....

Sadly he’s not any more, but John continues to make excellent videos and helps me in my new ventures fishing in the sea.

Reaction score
I find him brilliant,down to earth,with not an ounce of ego...

Reaction score
I've watched a river piker video just now,I don't appreciate pronunciation lessons how to say Yorkshire,or water,especially as Yorkshire is the biggest county in England and accents must vary across said county,stick to fishing not English lessons,tongue in cheek or not.;)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You’re referring of course to Paul’s latest video, part of the joy in his videos is his humour, put a smile on my face watching that yesterday.

Reaction score
I watched a fish locker video this morning which was great,until he came off the sea and appeared with his son for an hour's fishing on a ressie outflow,he fished what he called a bobber,more like a small bung,with a two down rig,size eight books baited with worm,what you didn't know was a nice roach was lying beneath him which he decided to weigh,with the hook of the scales in the gill????

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The criticism he received from that video was his reason for leaving FM.

Reaction score
I wondered about that,the criticism is just,but being man enough to admit a mistake should have been automatic,his sea fishing background is the main reason why,that said a decent plastic shopping bag covers eventualities.

d.owens

Reaction score
I have unsubcribed to TA Fishing. The last few course fishing videos have been awfull on the fish care front. Swinging in fish that should be in the landing net, dropping them, before launching them back. Not for me Graeme.

Another Dave

Reaction score
Gave up on TA yonks ago, they're clearly in it for the clicks and the resulting money. Couldn't stand the way they kept saying awesome. On a more positive note:

Riverpiker

One of my main criteria is that the presenter doesn't have an annoying accent. Despite being a southerner myself i'm fairly biased against the voices of most southern poshies and street urchins alike. I also like a bit of modesty and a big focus on tackle. I don't even do any proper piking, always like this bloke's videos though.

Mark Erdwin

The gentle giant who you feel you could easily spend a day's fishing with. Nice range of venues and methods. Accent acceptable because he always speaks quietly.

Amateur Angling

Watched all of these so many times. I almost feel like i understand how to move my telltale shot about depending on what's happening. Unannoyng accent, seems like a very likeable guy.

Avon Angling UK

Another gentle man with some great videos. I like one of his crucian ones and also his small river stuff.

Artificial Flight

New one to watch, make sure you subscribe. So far they've done one of stonking canal roach, the second was abot silver bream.

Last edited:

d.owens

Reaction score
I enjoy Easy Fishing with Bill Allen.
Can't imagine he's ever muttered the word "awesome" while fishing!
He gives good advice on getting kids fishing cheaply.

Another Dave

Reaction score
I like Bill Allen too but he does put me in mind of an unused Harry Enfield character.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Another vote for Artificial Flight, hope he makes more, a bit Jack Hargreaves like in his presentation.

I generally find the least well made videos are the ones that are promoted most on forums looking for subscribers.

JohnSLocker

Reaction score
The criticism he received from that video was his reason for leaving FM.
That was absolutely not the reason for leaving. I deal with feedback from hundreds of people across the Fishing world daily. Having some old clown get all high and mighty and threaten to “throw me in the water” was about all I needed to know about the membership of the group. Bad apples do spoil a barrel unfortunately. Instead of banging my head against a clearly very dense wooden post I left the group and give my time to other platforms. The bobber on the video in question was called a “Bobber” that’s why I called it that. The weighing of the Roach wasn’t ideal, but didn’t effect the fish. The hook didn’t come in contact with any gills and yes, in a perfect world a weighing sling or container would have been used. But having none I did what I could.
As I said at the time, and I mean this with all sincerity. I honestly do not have the time to argue with someone who has done nothing but fish the same peg on the same bank for 20 years about how he will “throw me in the water if he saw me weighing a fish like that”. I am and was in no way intimidated, just disappointed at how people think they can talk to others like that. I’m curious about what type of response people would have expected from me?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That was absolutely not the reason for leaving. I deal with feedback from hundreds of people across the Fishing world daily. Having some old clown get all high and mighty and threaten to “throw me in the water” was about all I needed to know about the membership of the group. Bad apples do spoil a barrel unfortunately. Instead of banging my head against a clearly very dense wooden post I left the group and give my time to other platforms. The bobber on the video in question was called a “Bobber” that’s why I called it that. The weighing of the Roach wasn’t ideal, but didn’t effect the fish. The hook didn’t come in contact with any gills and yes, in a perfect world a weighing sling or container would have been used. But having none I did what I could.
As I said at the time, and I mean this with all sincerity. I honestly do not have the time to argue with someone who has done nothing but fish the same peg on the same bank for 20 years about how he will “throw me in the water if he saw me weighing a fish like that”. I am and was in no way intimidated, just disappointed at how people think they can talk to others like that. I’m curious about what type of response people would have expected from me?

I’m truly sorry to hear this John, in my experience on this forum, the members are a good bunch of blokes but as you say.”one bad apple” and that comment is totally out of character within FM.

Your input is sorely missed, by me anyway and being a keen follower of the Locker family fishing adventures, (I’m JW), I often comment on your videos and you always find the time to reply.

Ive only been sea fishing for a couple of seasons, just lure fishing for bass.....so far. I occasionally meet up with some experienced sea anglers and they do raise an eyebrow when I turn up with my landing net and unhooking mat, this is not a criticism but there is clearly a different culture between sea and freshwater anglers.

If anyone was to spend a little time looking at some of your excellent videos it would be abundantly clear to them that you place a great emphasis on fish welfare, not only that but the welfare of our entire eco system, not something that is true of all sea anglers, all disciplines seem to have their bad apples.

Last edited:

xenon

Reaction score
Another vote for Mark Erdwin. I like his laid back but enthusiastic approach and the fact he fishes my kind of waters-i.e. small rivers for mainly chub. Gives enough tech info without overdoing it and catches some clonking fish.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
A couple as yet unmentioned:
Jon Arthur
Ben Townsend
Angling 4 U
Spring to mind for great content.

I’m no carp angler but the Terry Hearn series are very well told tales, if you haven’t watched them you’re in for a treat.

rayner

Reaction score
I used to avoid fishing on TV or video, since the lockdown with me being fastened at home I started watching youtube mostly with a suggestion from nottsKev.
I've viewed all manner of angling the one that got right up my pip was TA fishing. I have my favourite and that's Jamie Harrison, I enjoy watching his short clips of fishing on Southfield reservoir. Jon Arthur makes excellent videos and always interests me.
I search out Mark Wintle on youtube, watching his progress in film making is interesting, I'm enjoying his forays into underwater filming.
On the whole most of the vids I see, I rarely get to halfway. The music some presenters chose to blast us with is not to my liking but that's another thing.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’m no carp angler but the Terry Hearn series are very well told tales, if you haven’t watched them you’re in for a treat.

I too am not a carp angler but during my enforced stay in a Covid ward I watched a few of Terrys videos, he does little more than chat away on his boat on the Thames, I found it very therapeutic.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have never watched you tube fishing vids, whether how to fish or product endorsement.
I used to watch Jack Hargreaves on tv, that was a brilliant programme.
Then there was the Matt Hayes, Mick Brown, John Wilson Programmes, not forgetting the Fishing Race and go fishing with Jack Charlton.
I personally know two of the you tube presenters named on here,and met most of the others,who all came across as decent blokes.
Of the two I know, One is at the top of his game, but no airs n Grace's and a great bloke.
The other is basically a tosser, cant take personal criticism without throwing toys from his pram, and not just from me, has been known to be a bit of a bully to other anglers,
Lies through his teeth for his own agenda, as I found out when my name was mentioned, Fortunatly a few other anglers knew what had happened and he was made to look a fool. He was lucky he did not go for a swim when I next saw him.