Favourite presenter on youtube

mikench

Reaction score
I have watched many videos and presentation pieces on YouTube rather than TV and Graeme Pullen is a favourite for both coarse and sea Angling. Here's one on freelining for carp at Anglers Paradise( Associated Matt take note).

YouTube

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
Yes I like watching Graeme’s videos as well, he seems to catch plenty of fish too, always look out for his new videos on a Friday, can be funny as well.

nottskev

Reaction score
I enjoy Graeme's videos, too. I like the lo-fi, diy side, and the touch of 70's sit-com in his presenting style.

Although it's not the type of fishing I like, I enjoy watching Andy May and Jamie Hughes; one manically emptying his swim, the other calmly doing the same.

James Robbins' videos are reliably excellent how- to- do-it demo's with a genial, modest style.

Matt Hayes and Mick Brown made great programmes.

A few old-school ones have been uploaded in recent years, and I'm fond of the Ian Heaps, Billy Makin and Dave Roper videos.

But I'd have to confess that some of the "classics" weren't my favourites. Too much hooting and chuckling, or too many artistic soft-focus waterside scenes can spoil my enjoyment a bit.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A few to add to Graeme’s excellent videos, The Riverpiker, Carl and Alex, Myles Gasgoine (for explaining knots perfectly), The Halton Dangler, Fishlocker (shame he left FM) and Steve Crowe (From The Waters Edge)

mikench

Reaction score
It appears we have similar tastes. I too like James Robbins with his relaxed style. Graeme is humorous and doesn't take himself too seriously and I usually learn something from his vids!

flightliner

Reaction score
It's a pity u tube didn't come along 25years earlier to capture some of the really good river anglers that dominated places like the Trent , Severn and Thames .

wetthrough

Reaction score
I like Graem's no nonsense approach, always pick something up from James Robbins' vid's and the Halton Dangler's unfussy practical knowledge.

pratty117

Reaction score
Anything Tom Winter has done is always a great watch. His tench videos in particular are brilliant. Another no nonsense, no frills approach.

d.owens

Reaction score
Graeme is always entertaining and informative. I started drop shotting after watching his son on their channel. A very low-key channel is Amateur Angling, the guy who presents it is knowledgeable and is great for beginners, I've watched them all with my little girl and he explains the basics very well.
Carl and Alex have also produced some cracking content. I always enjoy Riverpiker as well.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I cannot stand Pullen and his dumbed down presentation. I often see him down at Bury Hill and he is an absolute pita cavorting about doing pieces to camera. He ruined one of my zander sessions down there by rocking up late and setting up next to me yak yak yak and more lights than a Heathrow runway. I had to move to get away from the tick.

I was once asked ( many years ago when I sported a moustache) whether I was him. No I'm bloody not I said....for a start I'm twice his height ( as are most people) and dont talk like a duck on helium.

mikench

Reaction score
But what don’t you like about him?:rolleyes: Each to their own but he has never filmed in my swim.

nottskev

Reaction score
I've studied this, but I can't see anyone raving and fuming in the background :)

But I think you can hear the helium-filled duck at 11.40.

YouTube

mikench

Reaction score
I heard the Donald. Interesting video on a fish I have never seen and am unlikely to catch.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've studied this, but I can't see anyone raving and fuming in the background :)

But I think you can hear the helium-filled duck at 11.40.

YouTube

Because I was about 600 yards away by the time this bunfight kicked off. What really annoyed me was that him and his boy dropped in right next to me and the BF. No excuse me, no explanation.....nothing. Then on go the floodlights and yak yak yak. You know how much light after dark annoys me....i just could not fish with those gits within earshot or line of sight. He basically bullied us off. I never liked the bloke before this episode....I positively loathe the bloke now.

I saw him a few weeks ago trying to catch crucian at OBH. He didnt. I did...that was hugely satisfying though I wasnt catching them on what I told him I was using. Revenge is sweet.

bezzer

Reaction score
As above, I enjoy watching Graeme in the Totally Awesome videos. I also subscribe to The Ginger Fisherman, The Halton Dangler, Fisherman Chris, Tom Winter and Charlyfarly2.

Stalker

Reaction score
Graeme's style isn't really to my taste either, but (without having been the victim of his bankside shenanigans) he explains tackle and techniques extremely well and, at the end of the day, I think most of his videos are perhaps aimed more towards beginners and novices. I also appreciate the humour he puts into it - all too often these "amateur" YTers are complete personality vacuums.

I'm a huge fan of Mark Erdwin - most of his videos are quite short and tend to focus on the fish and the fishing more than bait and techniques, but he puts some absolute lumps on the bank. He has a very quiet and calm presenting style, which may be more S-Kippy's taste, but I know some people find him and his vids a tad too sedate.

Carl and Alex are good for the sheer variety of fishing they do, and the regularity in which they post, but the editing and music does my chuffing nut in, so I only dip in every now and again.

Also, apologies for moving away from specific presenters, but the recent run of vids from Sticky Baits have been absolutely tremendous, not least an hour long carp vid with Yates and Bowler.

Reaction score
I've been watching fish locker on you tube and although I've done quite a bit of sea fishing in the past,it's not for a fair while now,I find his method of doing his videos excellent,I didn't know he was on FM....