Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Putting up a brolly

Bigger umbrella ?? Don't fit the umbrella to the chair as that is restrictive. Stick the umbrella into the ground exactly where and how high you want it.

Thanks all! In truth in poor weather I feeder fish and put up the flat back brolly or the tempest. Some venues have tarmac / concrete or gravel pegs which make it almost impossible to use the spike. I bought a Matrix brolly adaptor for these conditions and when rain is falling vertically but it has to be on one side of the chair or the other. I just hoped there was a method to make the brolly in the middle of my chair. I'll cope!

I use a trolley and take my chair AND a Shakey Beta Box with all my gear in. The Shakey Beta Box is fitted with Octoplus and onto one of the legs is fixed a brolly bracket. When it rains the brolly goes vertically in the bracket and the box is then moved to exactly where the brolly affords me maximum shelter. There’s enough weight in the Shakey box to anchor the umbrella and, if the wind gets up, I just lean on the box with my elbow and if that isn’t sufficient I get off the chair and sit on the box.

Ingenious, eh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12