Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5

Default perch and chub fishing pt1

Hi Guys
    I’ve been filming after work on my local river. Here is the first instalment, hope you enjoy.
    All the best
    Guy
    Last edited by The occasional angler; 28-06-2019 at 22:39.

2. Default Re: Urban perch and chub fishing Canterbury

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this and for sharing it.

Default Re: Urban perch and chub fishing Canterbury

You have been heavily criticised on several forums for using them for nothing other than the promotion of your videos, there are some that enjoy your videos but you have also been taken to task in showing very specific locations in this video. Given the amount of fish that are removed from our waters in Kent and elsewhere don’t you think it might be prudent to be a bit more discrete?

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    You have been heavily criticised on several forums for using them for nothing other than the promotion of your videos, there are some that enjoy your videos but you have also been taken to task in showing very specific locations in this video. Given the amount of fish that are removed from our waters in Kent and elsewhere don’t you think it might be prudent to be a bit more discrete?
    The guy in the video seems likeable so I hope he takes this criticism constructively and responds. I'm surprised the Fish and Fly allows links to other sites as they have blocked such activities in the past from members who have contributed a lot to the forum.

Setting the above issues to one side for a moment, I was surprised he didn't reel in a treble full of weed each cast.

Hi all, I have been contacted by several people regarding naming the location. This was an issue that I wasn’t aware of until now and I will, in future videos be non specific about locations.
    Regarding the self promotion, I like making fishing videos. Its my way of contributing to the three forums I use. Often the video are instructional (how to tie a specific knot). I’m not paid by anyone to promote their products, for me it’s a hobby and the aim is to provide lite entertainment for forum members, that’s it.... nothing more nothing less.
    All the best guy