Open all hours.

seth49

Reaction score
View attachment 6969
Local tackle shop at padiham has been getting some stick, and being called Arkwright and Granville, as there open all hours.

Looks like there going along with it,;)

seth49

Reaction score
He’s a good chap is Steve, I broke my Korum chair last week, took the part in and he got straight on to Korum, and there sending a replacement part, free of charge, always found Korum very good to deal with, and it’s a lot easier dealing with a shop than the internet, can’t fault this service.

mikench

Reaction score
I don't know Keith but it happened to me a few months ago . Preston were excellent and sent me a replacement part free of charge. I made a post about it . I suggest you take a pic of your chair and the damaged bit before you dismantle it. Mind you , you may be much better at fixing things than I.

I think it must be a common fault which one would imagine they would rectify during the manufacturing process. Mine broke as I was folding it up.

If you have any issues Keith I have pics I think which may help in the reassembly.

seth49

Reaction score
Thanks mike for your kind offer, I should be ok at putting it back together, it can only go one way I think, and it’s the same set up as my old lightweight chair, which I can refer to,

I couldn’t believe it when it broke as I was pushing it back to the car with my tackle on.
I’d weighed everything, and it was below Korums maximum load for the chair as a barrow.
At least Korum are good to deal with, or it could have been a lot worse

mikench

Reaction score
I took a photo before I dismantled it as the whole thing does look different once removed. The weld is clearly a weak point.

seth49

Reaction score
Thanks mike.
Just had a message from the shop my parts here, so I’ll be putting it on later.
Can refer to your photos if needed, good service that I only took it it in on Thursday afternoon, impressed.

mikench

Reaction score
Keith it may not really matter but take a pic or make a note of the bolts and washers and where they fit in the arm assembly as it isn't obvious afterwards. There are several washers and a plastic collar. I think the new bolts are better so whilst I saved the old ones I fitted the new.

seth49

Reaction score
Thanks mike,
Didn’t know they supplied new bolts, wasn’t impressed with the original ones, was going to buy new ones, I have the washers in the correct order on the old bolts, so I know how they go.
Keith.

mikench

Reaction score
The replacement part has new , better bolts and new knobs for tightening on to the legs so keep the old as spares.

When you see the hollow nature of this aluminium spar you can see how a weld can come apart. Bolts would be better or a solid piece.

seth49

Reaction score
Thanks mike.
All back together now and looks well, all ready to use tomorrow, let’s hope it’s ok now, had a look at the other welds on the chair and they look ok, so should be good to go.