Chick peas for crucians ...

Reaction score
Never fished it,or seen it,but it's been on tv a few times,famed for big,big crucians. Funny enough,I'd have a job to forget,where I live is called the same...

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Marsh Farm it is. Very well run venue with a brilliant on site tackle shop but omg does it get hammered. I usually fish the adjacent GAS club lake, Johnsons, but that gets a lot of stick too. Beautiful place though....worth the trip round the M25.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Mike, MF used to the place for big crucians in the early 00s for around eight or nine years producing 4lb plus fish with many big 3s if you put in the effort. Since the 'biggies' passed away there is far more chance of catching the smaller fish these days (although still a head of, manly smaller, 3s) so it's lost some of it's early magic although very well run by Godalming A/S.

PS Oops, just seen Skips post

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Thats about summed it up. There is still the odd 4 pounder in Johnsons but most of the crucians seem to top out at 3lb and a few ounces. Lovely fish none the less. Ive not fished the MF day ticket lakes since we had a FM Fish in down there a few years back in a biblical downpour.

I dont know anywhere else where I have a reasonable chance of a crucian of that size but, more worryingly, there doesnt seem to be any smaller crucians coming through. I had a few hand sized ones last year but there doesnt seem to be any pound....pound and a half sized fish in Johnsons which does not look good for the future.

Maybe they'll end up transferring some of the stock from MF back into Johnsons....the reverse of what they did to create MF in the first place. Well run club though and they are well aware of the issue.