Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  63
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster carp

Default Re: Monster carp

Have to admit, this series has been a lot better, more fishing and less silly antics, will be watching tonight.

The lads struggled this week which was good to see & I dont mean that in a nasty way of course. They really earned what they caught.

Blog Entries

The second venue certainly made them think,30mm baits in fairly large amounts to feed off smaller species,are they carassio,anyway these fish were decent sized and more than capable of eating tiger nuts,even eating a certain amount of the big boilies,pushing them all over the place,still a little like a kids playground though,perhaps they should have a naughty step.

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    I've thought it's been a bit samey and it features fish after fish too much, it would be good if they visited a really hard water maybe even in winter
    That would be about as interesting as watching the test card, if that still existed, lol.

It would be great for insomniacs though. I could imagine a huge power surge as the all thought “F&£k this for a game of soldiers, I’m off to bed!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Just watched the first few episodes on catch up. Not as bad as I anticipated.

Angling programmes will never really be mainstream and a program dedicated to one species would by its very nature be one dimensional. So for what it was it was quite good.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Roberts View Post
    Just watched the first few episodes on catch up. Not as bad as I anticipated.

Angling programmes will never really be mainstream and a program dedicated to one species would by its very nature be one dimensional. So for what it was it was quite good.

I find it very watchable & lets face it its a fishing programme & its on mainstream TV so really well done for getting it there. I wonder if non fishing folks watch it ? If it gets a few people looking to take it up then thats a good thing then maybe realising that other forms of angling are also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jacobs View Post
    That is because to my mind P4A is the standard to which others are compared.

I have nothing against Carp fishing and in fact spent the best part of a decade targeting them.

Sorry Pete I really like your posts but P4A is a travesty

Blog Entries

I've seen bits of it, big chunks, in fact, but it does remind me of the Jack Hargreaves saying "What is an angler who only knows one fish and one way of catching him?"

600 metres to lay a bait by rubber dinghy, FGS? Why not just fish from a boat and have done with it?

I do find the challenge type prog with Mean Dacey a bit more interesting at times.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Woodhouse View Post
    600 metres to lay a bait by rubber dinghy, FGS? Why not just fish from a boat and have done with it?
    Running 40meters of line off a centerpin to float a bait down to some fish. Why not just walk closer. FGS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Woodhouse View Post
    I've seen bits of it, big chunks, in fact, but it does remind me of the Jack Hargreaves saying "What is an angler who only knows one fish and one way of catching him?"

I do find the challenge type prog with Mean Dacey a bit more interesting at times.
    It is a bit excessive I must agree,but you can't rest up in your bivvie on a boat,also you aren't actually on a stable platform,yawing all over the show.

There is a slight difference Philip,600 yards is a colossal distance and it might just have been decided to fish a venue like that just to give the viewer a different spec on carp fishing.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast