Tips on Tares

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Well the tares turned out fine even though I only 'cooked' them for 18 hours in a 0.6L flask. On the plus side all cooked well , slightly firm and they didn't expand as much as usual through the cooking in a saucepan method. On the downside the flask had a nasty residue in the bottom and I need to find a dishmop that will clean it! Either that or source a cheap big flask just for cooking tares....

They soften a bit if you freeze them Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rich66

Reaction score
Well the tares turned out fine even though I only 'cooked' them for 18 hours in a 0.6L flask. On the plus side all cooked well , slightly firm and they didn't expand as much as usual through the cooking in a saucepan method. On the downside the flask had a nasty residue in the bottom and I need to find a dishmop that will clean it! Either that or source a cheap big flask just for cooking tares....

Try a denture tablet, gets the muck out of my thermos.

mikench

Reaction score
A steradent tablet plus boiling water will clean any flask. I use one every few months or so for coffee stains .

John kept refrigerated tares keep for weeks.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is probably sacrilege.........I have used hemp and tares for yonks and appreciate their roach catching abilities.
However this summer I have started catching good roach on 4mm banded pellets from two of my local lakes in quantities and qualities that I can with tares.

I will still use tares but I was surprised to find the pellets fished by feeding them and one on the band was that good for roach.

Er indoors drops a steradent tablet in the loo once a week, says it does a good cleansing job.