Low cost ord deliveries

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Heads up, chaps!

Anyone know of a decent delivery service, fairly low cost, that will deliver rod tube up to 2m?

It's ridiculous these days. Parcelforce (they're so good, so THEY say) only take them up to 1.5m and My Hermes only take them up to 1.2m. It's not like we're asking for Arnold Schwarzenegger to handle them, a 10stone weakling could do it as the tubes are 6" diameter at best and weighing 2-3 kgs at most. Parcelforce do a service, but it's up to £30+ for a parcel.

I've looked on Interparcel's website and cheapest is TNT at £18.30 including VAT.

Over to you ...

EDIT: STUPID ME, fingers working faster than brain. It should say Low Cost ROD deliveries. :eek:mg:

Last edited:

Another Dave

Reaction score
UPS used to be reasonable, maybe see what their quote is?

edit: i know for a fact they they happily handle long parcels

davebhoy

Reaction score
UPS today used to be half as expensive as everyone else for long tubes but they've put their prices up recently.

They were still the cheapest last time I sent something UPStoday.com

chrissh

Reaction score
This is what I don’t understand I have had two new rods delivered recently 1 was a 2 piece 12ft delivered by Hermes and the other was a 13ft 2 piece by yodel both come in cardboard tubes about 2m long
There web sites says they won’t take anything longer than 1.2 m

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Ask your local Tackle shop who they use.
Don't have one, mate. Nearest is 13miles away. Nice chap, known him for years, but too far away to just pop around. He's based at the site of a commercial, but I'm not really interested in puddles like that. Someone making regular dispatches is likely to get really good terms anyway, that's why some dealers can offer delivery for free or for just £2.

trotter2

Reaction score
I looked aroung just quite recently I could not find anyone cheaper than ups. Who have just recently put up the prices.