Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Blog Entries

Default Low cost ord deliveries

Heads up, chaps!

Anyone know of a decent delivery service, fairly low cost, that will deliver rod tube up to 2m?

It's ridiculous these days. Parcelforce (they're so good, so THEY say) only take them up to 1.5m and My Hermes only take them up to 1.2m. It's not like we're asking for Arnold Schwarzenegger to handle them, a 10stone weakling could do it as the tubes are 6" diameter at best and weighing 2-3 kgs at most. Parcelforce do a service, but it's up to £30+ for a parcel.

I've looked on Interparcel's website and cheapest is TNT at £18.30 including VAT.

Over to you ...

EDIT: STUPID ME, fingers working faster than brain. It should say Low Cost ROD deliveries.
    Last edited by Jeff Woodhouse; 16-07-2019 at 09:25.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Default Re: Low cost ord deliveries

UPS used to be reasonable, maybe see what their quote is?

edit: i know for a fact they they happily handle long parcels

UPS today used to be half as expensive as everyone else for long tubes but they've put their prices up recently.

They were still the cheapest last time I sent something UPStoday.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Another Dave View Post
    UPS used to be reasonable, maybe see what their quote is?
    Yes, I used to use UPS all the time when I had my business to ship across the world, but they are quite expensive, more than TNT, for what I want. Thanks though.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Ask your local Tackle shop who they use.

This is what I don’t understand I have had two new rods delivered recently 1 was a 2 piece 12ft delivered by Hermes and the other was a 13ft 2 piece by yodel both come in cardboard tubes about 2m long
    There web sites says they won’t take anything longer than 1.2 m
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Ask your local Tackle shop who they use.
    Don't have one, mate. Nearest is 13miles away. Nice chap, known him for years, but too far away to just pop around. He's based at the site of a commercial, but I'm not really interested in puddles like that. Someone making regular dispatches is likely to get really good terms anyway, that's why some dealers can offer delivery for free or for just £2.

I looked aroung just quite recently I could not find anyone cheaper than ups. Who have just recently put up the prices.