Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Preventing sun/heat stroke

I can't help feeling you really need to find some shady spots on hot days. Sunstroke, headaches etc, not a good alternative.

It’s important for us all to remember that when fishing we get a double dose of rays with reflections from the water.

Also not to get caught out on cloudy days, my last trip as described on HDYGO was thick cloud cover all day but I still went home having caught the rays.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    Can’t agree about flip flops and sandals when fishing Mike, unless it’s the beach of course

With high temperatures forecast for next week I shall spend a day fishing at Fordwich in this swim which remains in shade all day but allows just enough height for an 11ft rod.

Looks a good spot.

Regarding umbrellas. I put mine up to give shade. I think the extra weight involved is well worth it to to be comfortable.
    The bonus I have found with a brolly is when fishing a spot on a shallow river or lake margin where the fish are easy to spook a brolly behind hides the skyline and the fish dont spook. Try it . It works. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by john step; 18-07-2019 at 18:58.

You cant roam with an umbrella though

You know those novelty umbrella hats you see at places like the cricket with the little parasol brolly attached to a headband, I reckon they would be the norm if everyone wore one, It's like a parasol but hands free and seems win win to me aside from windy days, never worn one, mind you I've worn worse - Will look for a camo one

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    You cant roam with an umbrella though

You know those novelty umbrella hats you see at places like the cricket with the little parasol brolly attached to a headband, I reckon they would be the norm if everyone wore one, It's like a parasol but hands free and seems win win to me aside from windy days, never worn one, mind you I've worn worse - Will look for a camo one
    Yes, dont forget to buy one with a chinstrap to prevent it sailing off downstream. I just chuckle at the mental image of some twonkle wearing one. However on reflection better not mock as Fairbrass will probably market one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    Yes, dont forget to buy one with a chinstrap to prevent it sailing off downstream. I just chuckle at the mental image of some twonkle wearing one. However on reflection better not mock as Fairbrass will probably market one soon.
    Hmm, with your made up hair rigs dangling off the brim (like those Aussie hats) aussie hats with corks - Google Search and the corks protecting the hooks.

Perhaps I better get onto it!

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    Yes, dont forget to buy one with a chinstrap to prevent it sailing off downstream. I just chuckle at the mental image of some twonkle wearing one.
    I am so tempted, It would probably guarantee no numpties setting up opposite me especially if I shout out "ARE WE FRIENDS I LIKE YOU"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12