I'm Back (I think)

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Been a disastrous 18 months as far as fishing is concerned, apart from a wonderful weeks Barbel fishing on the Meuse in NE France last Autumn and a week on my favourite French Carp lake in May, have hardly been.

Family problems are settling down and a couple of venues identified so should be getting back to regular outings again.

It's obvious really but when you don't go for a while, things that were second nature, knots, baiting up, casting etc. get very rusty. Am planning a couple of easy waters to start with, just to get used to playing and landing fish again (will be embarrassing if a couple of blanks are the result).

Will let you know how I get on.

Tight Lines and Bent Rods

Stu

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Stu, welcome back, not much has changed in the last 18 months. :thumbs:

Keith

john step

Reaction score
Welcome back. Thats a good ploy to go somewhere easy to get back in the way of things.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Well,

An afternoon and evening on a lovely little lake with a couple of old mates.

As I hadn't been for a while they kindly let me have first choice of swim. I chose a tight swim at the end of an island, snags to the left and a weedbed in front of a very inviting clear area in front.

Two light carp rods, flat bed method feeders, syrup soaked chick peas on the hook.

Had runs all afternoon, landed 8, lost 3. All commons, biggest just over 10lbs. Really enjoyed it.

Will be back out soon!

Stu