Isotopes and snapped quiver tips....

ben10

Reaction score
I seem to be having issues recently with snapping tips or becoming severely tangled when using a pair of the drennan isotopes on my feeder rods.

Does anyone else experience this and is there an easy way to solve it? I do try to check the line isn't tangled before I release the cast but when you get into a flow it can sometimes slip my mind....

Am I better trying to paint my tips with glow in the dark paint or glue the isotope on parallel to the blank as opposed to clipped on perpendicular?

Any help would would be great as I've only seem to have a problem this year and it's driving me potty! Also expensive with the cost of replacement daiwa carbon tips.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Personally I prefer just one isotope,I use the drennan,but I still think the old way of shipping a bit of silicon tubing is a more flexible fix and more quiver top friendly,I understand the reasoning of two isotopes,but I've never not seen a bite with only one.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I won't use isotopes on proper quivertips myself. Fine on solid Avon type sections of Avon/barbel rods, but on more flexible proper quiver tips you are asking for trouble.

Philip

Reaction score
I use Isotopes on quiver tips alls the time..but literally all the fishing after dark will be underarm flick type casts. I always check by tugging the line before I cast to make sure its all running free.

The Enterprise holders lean the isotope slightly forward rather than bolt upright as with the Drennan and being longer in the body are also less prone to twisting round on the rod. It may make a marginal difference.

Putting the Isotope too close to the tip can also cause problems...a few inches back may help.

Keith M

Reaction score
I just use small betalights/isotopes in line with my rod tip attatched with with two small rubber sleeves and I don’t have any problems apart from seeing double at times if I stare directly at them.

I always make sure that my line is running free at the tip before I cast though.

Keith