The Bracket interview

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank you both for a very enjoyable read, I look forward to more of these interviews.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Thank you both for a very enjoyable read, I look forward to more of these interviews.

Anyone thinking of doing this ?
I would love to read it

Pick someone and ask them 20 questions someone can do me if they want (oooer missus ) though it wont be half as good as Petes !
Neil Maidment I think you and Peter Jacobs have done some cool fishing why dont you do each other !
I would love to read that

bennygesserit

Reaction score
late night I know (hic) but just re-read this and thoroughly enjoyed it (again) so bringing it back to the top for anyone who hasnt read it

not the essence of fishing for me but the essence of fishing for some

no-one in particular

Reaction score
late night I know (hic) but just re-read this and thoroughly enjoyed it (again) so bringing it back to the top for anyone who hasnt read it

not the essence of fishing for me but the essence of fishing for some
Havnt heard from Pete for a long time Benny, I miss his angling, especially those lovely grayling and knows a lot about fishing, match fishing and all sorts, hope he his alright..

Aknib

Reaction score
Hmm I was thinking the same, does Pete still post?

I well remember the day we spent together on the Trent which he referred to in the interview, it was the only time i'd met him in person when he came back up here visiting relatives and we enjoyed a good day, Pete caught well (as predicted!) on the stick and his son in law Chris timed a visit to my swim perfectly as i'd just landed a float caught double figure Barbel and Chris did the honours with the photo.

The thing which sticks in my mind the most is a great 'under the counter' story of when he and 'Big Frank' Barlow walked into a Nottingham pub of notorious fame and Frank got a little verbal with one of the Afro Caribbean punters and things very nearly kicked off big time :ROFLMAO:

bracket

Reaction score
Havnt heard from Pete for a long time Benny, I miss his angling, especially those lovely grayling and knows a lot about fishing, match fishing and all sorts, hope he his alright..
no-one in particular. Thanks for asking. I am ok , somewhat flattered that benny has re-introduced "The Interview". Benny did all the graft, I just explained how I began and the field of angling I got involved in, which was match fishing on rivers. Sadly the halcyon days of 50 to 150 peg river matches has now been firmly confined to the past, making me a dinosaur. Nowadays I just potter about fishing the way I always have and enjoying it, letting the rest of the modern angling world do their own thing and pass me by . I regularly look in on the forum, with interest, but don't have much to offer in the way of advice. Pete

trotter2

Reaction score
no-one in particular. Thanks for asking. I am ok , somewhat flattered that benny has re-introduced "The Interview". Benny did all the graft, I just explained how I began and the field of angling I got involved in, which was match fishing on rivers. Sadly the halcyon days of 50 to 150 peg river matches has now been firmly confined to the past, making me a dinosaur. Nowadays I just potter about fishing the way I always have and enjoying it, letting the rest of the modern angling world do their own thing and pass me by . I regularly look in on the forum, with interest, but don't have much to offer in the way of advice. Pete
Keep posting bracket myself and I bet a lot of others miss your posts mate.