Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default The things we bring home.

The other day after suffering another total blank I simply dumped my gear on the garage floor thinking that I'd clear it up the following morning.
    Later that night After feeling a little less tired I decided to do the job as I had bait that may go off
    Or even wscape before morning.
    On opening my rucksack I was startled when out flew not one but two big brown moths that went berserk in the garage.minutes later they were followed by a big black beetle and a bluebottle.
    It made me think just how often anglers bring home unwanted guests like I did the other day.
    Anyone experienced such occasions, mice perhaps or something even bigger?

Default Re: The things we bring home.

It's amazing what the lingering smell of snotties attracts Mick...................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

I managed to bring home about 200-300 ants a few weeks ago, they'd transferred to my rod quiver.

I brought er indoors home once and ended up married. Maybe ants, beetles and moths were a better bet.

Blog Entries

I fished a lake many years ago,my mate and I named it slug alley,for obvious reasons,one damp day after fighting the slugs off all day I got home and put my tackle away in my tackle room,the next morning I went in there for something and there were four enormous black slugs slithering on the walls,yuk....

Spiders,loads of them.Seem to crawl into all of the tackle and then explore the car when I driving home so the next time I get in it there are cobwebs everywhere and they have the habit of suddenly dropping off the sun visor straight into your line of vision and scaring the c**p out of you.

Blog Entries

Jerry, I said that I'd blanked.

I haven't managed to bring much back, that I know of, other than those weird little cocoons that seem to love the folds and seams of luggage.

The best/worst kit bag stowaways I ever heard of was a mate that managed to unknowingly bring home a nest of baby camel spiders in a rucksack. As it was full of stuff he wouldn't need in the UK, he chucked it in an airing cupboard on his return to the UK. A couple of weeks later he got a bit of a shock when he came home to find a horde of baby camel spiders running around on his landing.

This was not alive but bloody heavy. Years ago I was packing up from an overnight session, while I took my rods to the car my mate put a huge concrete boulder in my rucksack - where I then lived I kept my rucksack under the stairs. The next day I said to my wife that I must sort my tackle as it is ridiculously heavy! That's when I found the lump of concrete which I had brought home! Although very funny I did get my revenge!

I did bring home a fish that I hadn’t noticed was caught up in the folds of my keepnet. Took me a while to figure out where the stink in the shed was coming from.
    On the plus side I have had some lovely wild flowers that must have come home as seeds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast