Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  46
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Daren't valley 0.75lb by The Tackle Box.

This reel seat up or down seems to follow on from the Mitchell reel spool going the wrong.I have had both and like the reel never taken any notice. On my old rods they don't have either just those nice reel holders. Lets just put it down to personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    The rest of my rods have a mixture and I couldn't tell you in which direction the reel seat moves on any of them.
    Mike, I think your Hardy's, Shimano Antares and Normark have down-locking seats. Your Daiwa Amorphous Whisker has sliding rings. I salute your liberal attitude.

This detail never bothered me......til now!

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Blimey....and I get accused of being an RTC fusspot !

Its nor RTC...its simply what each individual prefers. I prefer down locking reel seats but an uplocker is not a deal breaker for me. I've only one rod where I find the uplocking reel seat a bit uncomfortable and curiously its one of my more indulgent purchases. Manufacturing convenience I suspect. Double handles As you all know I do not like but I have had to get used to them on a pair of dinky Shimanos...they are tolerable.

And I prefer to carry most( not all) of my rods broken down not ready made up. Its just what I prefer and I dont personally think the time saved is worth a light.....and I dont have anywhere I can store a load of ready rod holdalls which are THE most awkwardly shaped buqqers and IMO extraordinarily difficult to transport. They dont fit quivers or holdalls well ( if at all) and given that where do the banksticks and landing net handle go ? Gimmick I say.

Cheers Kev. Lloyd George is my middle name.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    Blimey....and I get accused of being an RTC fusspot !

Its nor RTC...its simply what each individual prefers. I prefer down locking reel seats but an uplocker is not a deal breaker for me. I've only one rod where I find the uplocking reel seat a bit uncomfortable and curiously its one of my more indulgent purchases. Manufacturing convenience I suspect. Double handles As you all know I do not like but I have had to get used to them on a pair of dinky Shimanos...they are tolerable.

And I prefer to carry most( not all) of my rods broken down not ready made up. Its just what I prefer and I dont personally think the time saved is worth a light.....and I dont have anywhere I can store a load of ready rod holdalls which are THE most awkwardly shaped buqqers and IMO extraordinarily difficult to transport. They dont fit quivers or holdalls well ( if at all) and given that where do the banksticks and landing net handle go ? Gimmick I say.
    I use the Drennan Rod Sleeves to carry made up rods. If I’m only taking one, it has a carrying handle. If I’m taking two I have cobbled up a carrying sling from a webbing strap and 2 Velcro rod wraps, so they can go over the shoulder or across the back with the Trakker Quiver. Gimmick? Fixed spool reels and carbon rods were once gimmicks to the RTC stalwarts.

Blimey, it is just a reel seat guys & I have not had a reel fall off so far from my DV's ....

As for taking a made up rod to the bank, its fun to do on a saturday for your sunday morning session but not really neccessary as I bait up to get things going & then set up but its one less job to do to actually get fishing ?

Quote Originally Posted by John Keane View Post
    I use the Drennan Rod Sleeves to carry made up rods. If I’m only taking one, it has a carrying handle. If I’m taking two I have cobbled up a carrying sling from a webbing strap and 2 Velcro rod wraps, so they can go over the shoulder or across the back with the Trakker Quiver. Gimmick? Fixed spool reels and carbon rods were once gimmicks to the RTC stalwarts.
    Each to their own. I find the Drennan compact quivers much more versatile than ready rod sleeves and easier to store.....plus there are pockets for banksticks etc. The 2 rod version will take 4 rods comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    Each to their own. I find the Drennan compact quivers much more versatile than ready rod sleeves and easier to store.....plus there are pockets for banksticks etc. The 2 rod version will take 4 rods comfortably.
    I use Drennan double rod sleeves for all my set up rods they have pockets for landing nets and bank sticks. No different to carrying a rod holdall or quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    I use Drennan double rod sleeves for all my set up rods they have pockets for landing nets and bank sticks. No different to carrying a rod holdall or quiver.
    I beg to differ. I foolishly bought one of those things too and it got used about 3 times. The additional pockets just arent big enough ( for me) and I found the sleeve too short ie it was a bit of a tight squeeze to get the rod in. I cannot be having with that.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast