Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Daren't valley 0.75lb by The Tackle Box.

Right,I know a few on FM have these rods,can I have your opinions please,I'm interested in each anglers opinions and the uses you put the rod to,also how quick is the postage? Cheers guys.

Default Re: Daren't valley 0.75lb by The Tackle Box.

I used mine today as a feeder rod and caught crucians, common and skimmers. It's a lovely rod and an absolute bargain. I wouldn't float fish with it as I have much better rods for that but it's always in the car. The Tackle Box are excellent to deal with Alan and if your ordered today you might get it tomorrow . Be quick!

I put up a review on their website I was so impressed. What other rod can you get for £40?

I have trotted with it and it was fine. If I could come a cropper or if the weather is horrible than this rod is the one I turn to.

There good rods for the money the only let down is the ready made rod bag they come in

This is from there web site for delivery’s

Standard delivery 2-7 days £8.00
    Next day £10 Monday - Friday
    Saturday £25
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

For the smaller species ( perch,crucians,big roach/rudd) or smaller sized examples of fish like (say) tench/bream etc they are oustanding. I've only used mine for feeder work so far but I can't see why they wouldnt be perfectly good as float rods.

I am using mine to chuck a 35g loaded feeder about 35-40 yards and its happy doing that albeit it wouldn't cope with anything much bigger or if you needed to go further. At closer ranges they are terrific...enough backbone to cope but soft enough to avoid hookpulls/breakages. I couldnt honestly recommend them for big tench but they are perfectly capable of dealing with schoolie tench...or bigger if there are no snags. I've had tench to nearly 7lb on mine and 2 x 20lb plus carp in the last 2 weeks.

The fittings are what you'd expect on a £40 rod but the finish overall is not at all bad.They are nice looking little rods with a lovely action....I am regularly asked what they are and where I got them from. I dont know anybody who's bought one say a bad word about them. They are simply outstanding rods for the money. I wish they did a deluxe version with better quality fittings....I'd have a pair of them too!

I am seriously considering having another pair as a hedge against them being discontinued at some point. Whether by accident or design they got these just right....there is nothing else quite like them on the market.

The bag is an utter disgrace though. Throw it away immediately.
    Last edited by S-Kippy; 01-08-2019 at 18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    For the smaller species ( perch,crucians,big roach/rudd) or smaller sized examples of fish like (say) tench/bream etc they are oustanding. I've only used mine for feeder work so far but I can't see why they wouldnt be perfectly good as float rods.

I am using mine to chuck a 35g loaded feeder about 35-40 yards and its happy doing that albeit it wouldn't cope with anything much bigger or if you needed to go further. At closer ranges they are terrific...enough backbone to cope but soft enough to avoid hookpulls/breakages. I couldnt honestly recommend them for big tench but they are perfectly capable of dealing with schoolie tench...or bigger if there are no snags. I've had tench to nearly 7lb on mine and 2 x 20lb plus carp in the last 2 weeks.

The fittings are what you'd expect on a £40 rod but the finish overall is not at all bad.They are nice looking little rods with a lovely action....I am regularly asked what they are and where I got them from. I dont know anybody who's bought one say a bad word about them. They are simply outstanding rods for the money. I wish they did a deluxe version with better quality fittings....I'd have a pair of them too!

I am seriously considering having another pair as a hedge against them being discontinued at some point. Whether by accident or design they got these just right....there is nothing else quite like them on the market.

The bag is an utter disgrace though. Throw it away immediately.
    As above, saves me typing all that

Ditto. The bag is a joke and could be composted in hours.

Blog Entries

Lol,I would get one today,but as I'm on holiday next Friday for two weeks,I think waiting might be prudent....

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Ditto. The bag is a joke and could be composted in hours.
    Or hand it in at your nearest Police Station. As Brother Ray said he's seen better quality J cloths.

If you put a different badge on these they would be sold at two or three times the price.

Just ordered one for a bit of floater fishing.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast