Fluked fish

steve2

Reaction score
Fluke fish, how many of us have like me have fluked our some of biggest fish.
My best Carp just happened to swim past and the dropped a piece of bread in front of it. I wasn’t even fishing for carp at the time. Good Carp on dead baits when fishing for pike. My best Pike took the bait when I was reeling in after what going to be a blank day.
Many good chub taken on lures when pike fishing.
In fact if I am being honest most of my biggest fish have been caught when fishing for what ever comes along.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’m not a pole angler and have only used one a few times but on the initial outing my first fish was a 16lb sturgeon, I felt certain the elastic would finally snap but after 30 minutes of the beast swimming in ever decreasing circles I managed somehow to shoehorn it into my rather small landing net.

Philip

Reaction score
Had a Carp on a bare hook once...left the unbaited rod in the edge while i setup.a second rod. Suddenly it started to pull round so i grabbed it and after a good tussle landed a resonable Carp fairly hooked in the mouth. The hook had an Empty pellet band attached...so.technically not a bare hook but no bait...

The Runner

Reaction score
Had my biggest pike from the Severn at Bridgnorth Golf Course on feeder and pellet. It might I suppose have taken a small fish that was about to take the pellet, but anyway it was fairly hooked in the side of the mouth. Didn't weigh it as mate who had scales was 400 yards away and it was chucking it down but probably closer to 20 lb than 15.

Played it for 20 minutes thinking I was into a potential record barbel…..

barbelboi

Reaction score
First double barbel (10.4) taken from Marlow weir in the early 70's on minnow live bait. I didn't know at the time that it was a good early season bait for barbel and, after fishing biteless for a few hours on meat, stuck the minnow on in hope for a blank saving chub...............

john step

Reaction score
Twice I have lassood fish. Once a small chub and once a carp. The line for some reason went under and round the fish and hooked the line above.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have caught a carp by my hook point going through the eye of a snapped up angler’s hook. Technically I caught it without hooking it.

Not me but a friend on a fish-in on the Seven had a live jack pike firmly jammed in a feeder.
c68aa83631f20743f5afc982f909ab8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wetthrough

Reaction score
Ray's just reminded me. The biggest fish I've ever landed, a Mirror was hooked into the tail rubber of a snapped off Carp rig. 12:13 IIRC.

View attachment 7280

Attachments

• Mirror_20180529_083239_rot_sml.jpg
    Mirror_20180529_083239_rot_sml.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 268

Keith M

Reaction score
I landed a nice Tench just after dark one night and when I carried my landing net with the Tench in it to my unhooking mat; to my surprise there were two fish laying in the net, a 4lb Tench that I’d hooked; and a Crucian Carp of just over 3lb lying underneath it that I had unknowingly netted in the margin by accident while I was netting the Tench.

Keith